Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Albion Wingers

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, he was best known as a goalscoring super sub, but what was Eric Potts like as a winger? Any contributions from fans old enough to see him play welcome. :)

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
OK, he was best known as a goalscoring super sub, but what was Eric Potts like as a winger? Any contributions from fans old enough to see him play welcome. :)

I think he may have scored a couple of times off the bench but you'd have to go back to Alan Duffy for the supersub tag!! Eric Potts was a ginger, smallish, "busy", but I'm afraid not very effective as I recall.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
steve penney.... my second albion crush ( after mr m robinson! ) he was ace..
for intermittent moments of brilliance, mr brooker does spring to mind however - shame he had to disappear off the face of the pitch for the rest of the game after said brilliance though.
love using the width and wingers work for me everytime..... more, more...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That's because he wasn't a winger.
Lol! I just knew that somebody would come out with that...what do you call a winger...a midfielder who attacks down the wing...or is a winger one who drops back to be a midfielder or a forward who drops out to the wing now a winger. Mellor often went down the left wing and Wardy got a lot of goals from his wing play.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Penney, Robinson for me, then Storer – but Noone is looking a serious prospect.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Some good moments and in fairness to him, he seems to get double teamed more than others

Last night, at one point, Sunderland put three men on him!!!

One of my first memories is standing at the front of the East terrace watching Gerry Fell fly past - for that reason he'll always be one of my faves. Noone hasn't been with us long enough yet to remove Mr S Penney from being the best, though.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Brian Tawse and Granny Goodchild proper old fashioned wingers but Nooney is superb

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
John Goodchild was an occasional winger.Played a lot of inside forward games,and sometimes centre forward.Good player in his time.

Also "Flash" Gordon,F.Howard.

Sully was another who started as a winger sometimes,but ended as a midfield gem ( + tash,of course) and Freddy Jones was excellent,as was Mike Tiddy.

Wally Gould gets my vote.Scored a bundle as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here