Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Albion Wingers

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What is up with No3 ? Didnt look interested last night. Injured ? Keep this up and I think we'd send him back in Jan. Honestly

Lua Lua put two chances on a plate for the strikers after coming on against Blackpool. One CMS didn't convert and the other had Barnes taken down which should have been a penno and sending off.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Rod Thomas did hold a special place in my heart as the player WE bought, and at times he really was the best player on the pitch (although that wasn't always difficult).

I also liked Storer even before THAT goal. But I think that may just be because as a child, I liked the alliteration of his name.

Of course in all my days I've never seen a trio of threatening wingers quite as exciting as we've got now.

Right now Noone is SERIOUSLY impressing me, but I'm sure once Buckley's back the competition will be on, and I still love Kaz even if he hasn't hit top form yet.

It's f***ing AWESOME

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I never felt Steve Penney was a real winger. A good player with excellent ball control - he was more a right sided midfileder. Our version of David Beckham (equally overated).

I remember him as an out and out winger - in fact his main problem was that he liked to beat the same defender several times before crossing the ball!! He was certainly the best winger I can remember seeing although both Noone and Lua Lua have the potential to be better if they stay clear of injuries. Both are quick, skillfull and relatively two footed which is a must if a winger wants to be able to beat a defender on both sides and then do something with the ball.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Does NO ONE remember Eric Potts?????

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Besides which - just look at the quality of that hair.

Penneywc86.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does NO ONE remember Eric Potts?????

One game. Against Sunderland.

Better than Howard Wilkinson though. And better than Granny Goodchild.

Howard Wilkinson was ambidextrous, equally bad with both feet and he was slow.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What is up with No3 ? Didnt look interested last night. Injured ? Keep this up and I think we'd send him back in Jan. Honestly

I agree Dougal. He looks wildly off the pace and seems easily pushed off the ball and doesn't appear to want to use his pace. Personally, I think it looks like every other player has realised that they need to up their game to get in the side whereas Lua Lua looks like he's got the shirt whatever.

Could be fitness but it seems like he is nursing his hamstrings.

Right now, Noone is our best winger and that is a cast iron fact.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps a list of wingers might help.

Tony Towner
Eric Potts

These are the ones that I have seen that I can recall of the top of my head. Lua Lua excites like no other but close behind would be Noone and Penny, both excellent with the ball at their feet.

If you saw those two you had to have seen Sully?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

At the moment I wouldn't be spending big money on him in Jan.

Hope he gets back to form though. Some good moments and in fairness to him, he seems to get double teamed more than others

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here