Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favorite but obscure Tele programmme from when you were young....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Mine Striker (around 1976) with Geoff Hinscliffe as the dad and Jo Gladwin (Norah Battys old man) as some old boy and the amazing Chlidren Of The Stones (1977 although made in '76) very creepy Gareth Thomas (Blakes 7) and Iain Cuthbertson (Super Gran) as the scary Hendricks have it on DVD that chanting still scares me now!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Timeslip

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really liked the recent ( 4 years ago ) BBC series of " Stig of the Dump ".

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
favourite Tele programmes

Tales of The Gold Monkey

An Indiana Jones type adventure with a cigar chomping Airplane pilot going round the South Seas for some reason, mainly bagging stranded American women from baddies.

And I am sure there was a pet monkey involved (as if the title didn't give me enough of a clue).

The bloke ended up in the first Star Trek movie, the monkey ended up in Friends, and I must get round to seeing if its on DVD!

I am still getting Mr Benn flashbacks from watching Eastenders!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Woodentops.
Woodentops_Titles.jpeg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Locky said:
The Tomorrow People.

They were move evolved than the average person and could beam around the planet just by adjusting the buckle on their belts :)

Obscure enough ?

Surely you mean, adjusting the buckle on their "jaunting" belts.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I vaguely remember something called Pogles Wood and they would lay out pipecleaner people who would then magically come to life.

There was also some post nuclear type childrens series around mid seventies. I'm not sure if it was a nuclear thing but there would be this strange noise and everyone lived in the country in a big mansion, or am I getting confused with something else?.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
munster monch said:
I vaguely remember something called Pogles Wood and they would lay out pipecleaner people who would then magically come to life.

There was also some post nuclear type childrens series around mid seventies. I'm not sure if it was a nuclear thing but there would be this strange noise and everyone lived in the country in a big mansion, or am I getting confused with something else?.

Sounds a bit like "The Tomorrow People"

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Nosy bonk - that guy in a suit with a mask with a giant nose on it..................actually what am I saying nosy bonk always use to freak the shit out of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here