Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fati another year, yes or no?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Neither did Undacs
I assume you mean Undav.

The difference being, Undav was not on £128k a week here. And actually, towards the end of 2022-23 he looked like he was coming good for us - that goal at the Emirates was exquisite. Then he went and banged in 18 goals in the Bundesliga last season.

Given the choice, I'd definitely have him in our squad over Fati this season.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wow there are some bitter and twisted sods on here.

i thought when he was fit he played some fantastic football for us. It wasn’t his fault he got injured and if it was , then perhaps we should apply the same bile at solly march.
players get injured, it happens.
Yep. Maybe Barca has a lot to answer for too in pushing a young teenager too soon after the initial knee injury?

If RDZ (I expect in consultation with PB) didn’t continue to play him at the end of last season - just maybe, after Ansu sustaining further injury shortly into his loan period, RDZ realised that Ansu Fati needed a softer rehab and a more longterm build up than being thrown into the EPL to ‘recover’ and didn’t want to risk him sustaining further injury? - (I imagine we would have carried out insurance cost/risk analysis to that end too as the risk of the next injury ending his career could be quite high if he was pushed too hard)

The inner strength of this young lad even before he was 20; career changing meniscus injury, 4 corrective surgeries, repeated knee-related related hamstrings, poor injury management and a controlling Father and constant fear of broken dreams - how many established adult footballers could deal with all that and still be full of fun and laughter, let alone a young teenager?

I’m sure Solly March would be the first to empathise with him and acknowledge the impact serious longterm knee injury can have on the MH of a top flight footballer.

I’d urge anyone directing vitriol at Ansu to watch this - it is a tragic story for a 20 year footballer that showed so much promise at a very early age:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree. Just a hunch rather than statistically speaking i think he would come back invigorated and could well be the player we all hoped / expected. Just won’t happen though.
I'm not convinced he was ever "invigorated" enough to play for BHA in the first place to be honest. Lets face it, we only got him because Barca wanted his chunky wages off their books for a bit, and ideally for him to shake off a few injuries and go back to them match fit.

He fell a long way short of his "superstar" billing. Leaves me wondering what the dynamic was like in the dressing room, having this highly paid loanee dialling it in. RDZ clearly didn't fancy him in the second half of the season, even though we're lead to believe he was a big factor in bringing him in.

Bet TB loved that.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wow. Just wow.

You are comparing Ansu Fati's contribution in a BHAFC shirt to that of Solly March?

Really?

Got to be one of the most deluded posts I've ever read on NSC. And that's saying something.
You misinterpreted the post you just quoted I think.

No one was comparing the contribution of Ansu Fati to Brighton to that of March’s. However, they had similar injuries to contend with resulting in an entire season being missed - the OP was just saying, it is unfair to target a player for not being up to scratch and struggling to find his previous form post-knee injury.

If anyone is at fault, it was Barca for pushing him too hard after the initial injury, the botched job the surgeons did on his knee and maybe for us a bit not realising the EPL’s intensity and pace would be too much for a player still rehabbing from a career defining injury. Everyone chasing the money, including his agents - no one really with the kid’s genuine longterm interests at heart, except maybe his Dad.

Perhaps watch the video I posted above?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You misinterpreted the post you just quoted I think.

No one was comparing the contribution of Ansu Fati to Brighton to that of March’s. However, they had similar injuries to contend with resulting in an entire season being missed - the OP was just saying, it is unfair to target a player for not being up to scratch and struggling to find his previous form post-knee injury.

If anyone is at fault, it was Barca for pushing him too hard after the initial injury, the botched job the surgeons did on his knee and maybe for us a bit not realising the EPL’s intensity and pace would be too much for a player still rehabbing from a career defining injury. Everyone chasing the money, including his agents - no one really with the kid’s genuine longterm interests at heart, except maybe his Dad.

Perhaps watch the video I posted above?

TL;DR

The upset over Fati and his injuries has EVERYTHING to do with his contribution in a Brighton shirt - or lack of, especially when considering his reportedly ridiculous wages.

You think the majority of fans would have any upset if he came here and scored 15-20 goals and had a few injuries?

No.

Therefore my point stands.

And that is Solly has earned, through contributions in the stripes, the goodwill of the fans. Fati not so. IMO.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
TL;DR

The upset over Fati and his injuries has EVERYTHING to do with his contribution in a Brighton shirt - or lack of, especially when considering his reportedly ridiculous wages.

You think the majority of fans would have any upset if he came here and scored 15-20 goals and had a few injuries?

No.

Therefore my point stands.

And that is Solly has earned, through contributions in the stripes, the goodwill of the fans. Fati not so. IMO.
No - it wasn’t, it was 6 sentences. So don’t TL;DR just because you disagree with the post.

You and @Publius Ovidius are talking about different things! There is a difference between getting upset over Fati, which is what you are talking about (which is fair enough) and saying it is unfair to direct that upset at the player which is what @Publius Ovidius was talking about - also fair enough.

Be pissed off that we spent £8 million on a player to rehab, who was clearly not yet conditioned enough to cope with a packed season in the EPL. We should have had better scouting/medical intelligence on his longterm fitness potential.

Be pissed of with Barca for fobbing on to us a player who was still on vastly inflated wages based on his pre-meniscus injury performance and potential because they didn’t want to carry on paying his wages until they sold him.

Be pissed off with the Clubs and Agents involved - but don’t direct the vitriol at the player himself for being so seriously injured that it’s completely derailed his promising career.

Beset by injury again - guess the plan didn’t work for Barca either

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow. Just wow.

You are comparing Ansu Fati's contribution in a BHAFC shirt to that of Solly March?

Really?

Got to be one of the most deluded posts I've ever read on NSC. And that's saying something.
Read it again.

context

i was suggesting that the bollocks written about a player from some people on this thread and others, that we took a punt on as he had suffered serious injury and we thought we could get him fit, was not his fault getting injured and to slag him off based on that could be used in the same way by the same morons about solly march who through no fault of his own, suffered two career threatening injuries ( as did fati) keeping him away from the team for great chunks of the season.

as did vicente for those of us who remember him. We took a punt on him and apart from a couple of fleeting glances, we didn’t see the best in him

there is even people pulling up a picture of fati suffering another setback in his rehabilitation and slagging him off again.

that was the point I was making.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let’s face it we only signed Fati because we didn’t get any of the main targets over the line last summer.. if he had been exceptional last season we would now be saying how do we replace Fati. Not a fan of loan players at this level.

Fati plays with a fear of getting injured don’t see any point slating the fella. In flashes you could see the player he once was. Barca flogged him at a tender age Lamal could be the next victim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here