Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat people are fat because they eat too much

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BrightonBird said:
Yeah I know but I get up too late to make lunch. I've started bringing soup into work. It's those walkers sensations. Grrr

Work is my downfall!

I made mine the night before and stuck 'em in the fridge.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
looney said:
Skipping Breakfast and stop eating conveiniance crap will help.

Skipping breakfast is the last thing you should do.

A friend of ours is getting medical treatment from a dietician. He has been told that eating breakfast it starts his metabolism working straight away. It then continues working throughout the day and burns food up as soon as you eat it.

Exercise speeds up metabolism as well as burning calories.
Smoking also increases metabolism which is why people very often put on weight when they stop smoking.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a Covent Garden soup man. They're pretty healthy, good for the winter-warming, varied and tasty.
Today i had spiced cauliflour, pea and imperial rice. A fine combination. I might write them an email thanking them. Alongside some photos of me enjoying their soups.

Its my metabolism.

You should cut down on your porklife mate. GET SOME EXCERCISE.

If you are prone to putting weight on, there is simply no excuse for not eating sensibly and excercising regularly, to at least stop you piling on more blubber like a lazy walrus.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
looney said:
Good point.

Booze fattens up chicks like pigs, especially the pint drinkers.

Quality Looney! :lolol:

You gotta love a big bird with a pint and a tight top exposing her midriff and beer belly, especially if pierced...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Metabolism is a factor. We've all met people who stuff themselves silly butnever put on any weight. On the other hand Mrs BHA's second ex weighs 600lbs (yes, that's right 600lbs) but he's not a very large eater.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rather sexist Looney if you ask me - nothing wrong with a girl and a pint these days

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
C'mon Beach Hut, "fattens up chicks like pigs" is comic genius :D

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
jonnyboylennon said:

If you are prone to putting weight on, there is simply no excuse for not eating sensibly and excercising regularly, to at least stop you piling on more blubber like a lazy walrus.

Exactly, some people find it easier to stay in shape.

But people that don't; there is no excuse. Do some more exercise and get on a proper diet!

I suppose some people might want to be fat, or not actually care, but I am sure it is not good for you!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK, Ok it was a funny line :lolol: :lolol:

Surprised the daft bints haven't reacted :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fatboy said:
Exactly, some people find it easier to stay in shape.

But people that don't; there is no excuse. Do some more exercise and get on a proper diet!

I suppose some people might want to be fat, or not actually care, but I am sure it is not good for you!

One of the bigger problems is the shit included in certain American Burger Companies food that makes you fat - also serving larger portions as well.

Tip for Mcdonalds parents - take your kids there around once every two months, compared to all other kids there you will be pleasantly surprised how well behaved yours are :lolol: :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Age must have something to do with it as well though - evryone seems to 'fill out' in their lates 20's and 30's ! Metabolism must slow down later in life ! I dunno, im no expert :dunce:

Water will stick around in salt - cut down on the salt and water weight will be reduced. We get enough salt without sprinkling more on food - most things on the menu include some salt in them - and also sugar.

Eat smaller meals, but more often. Our parents told us "finish your plate, there are people starving" and then gave us desserts after every bloody meal! That trains you to eat, and always insist on sweet stuff after it.

When hunger is present, it can be satiated by a small amount of food - not necessarily a full dinner plate every time. An egg might just do the trick.

Cut out the carbs unless you burn them. Potatoes, pastas, bread, rice - all low on protein and high on carbohydrates. Eat meats, yes even the fatty bits, and don't always include cheese or dairy.
A sandwich has a lot of unneccesary carbohydrate for the little protein in the middle - do without the bread!

Winter is cold, but fat doesn't really insulate you against the cold - don't imagine "it's ok to eat more in winter".

As has been mentioned - exercise burns calories. It makes you feel better (endorphins released during and after exercise), look better, and want to do more. It acts on you to make you more aware, sharper of mind as well as body, and enthusiastic for life.

in case you need a little more encouragement to keep weight off, think about this;
THERE ARE VERY FEW OLD FAT PEOPLE !

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I'm a bigger bird, but I am going to blame it on my Thyroid gland that hasn't been working properly for the last five years. Since I had treatment for it last January I have lost nearly a stone & a half, without dieting at all. So some people can have an excuse that doesn't involve overating or lack of exercise

:p

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
As has been mentioned - eating (and/or) drinking in excess of what gets burnt off tends to do it.

No-one is "accidentally fat". If you're fat, you eat too much.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
It makes me laugh when you see people go to Mcdonalds and order a Big Mac, Double Cheeseburger, Large fries. And then the drink they order is a diet coke !!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Excellent news - big fry-up in the morning for me then! :clap2:

Not cold pizza, Tom? :lolol:

On the Atkins diet a fry up is the normal breakfast (not that I have tried it) I haven't ever had to diet.

larus

I've always thought that fat people only had themselves to blame, but as I like exercise and do'nt enjoy overeating, I am lucky that my weight has been fairly constant since I was late teens (same trousser size now and I'm 41).

However, I've seen a few programs (Horizon type ones), where they have shown that some fat people never get the feeling of being full. They have a medical condition and they just keep eating, so it's not always their fault.

However, a lot of people now eat too much, drink too much and don't exercise. It's that way of society now, everything is so easy and plentiful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here