Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fashion. Have I lost touch?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
As a teenager, I can safely say that mainstream fashion is shite.

Chinos - SHIT.
Vans - SHIT.
Body warmers - SHIT.
Anything from All-Saints - SHIT.
Anything from Jack Wills - SHIT.
Skin tight open chest tops... SHIT (on males, if an attractive female wants to wear one, they can be my guest)
THOSE SHIT HAND STITCHED SHOES CAN f*** OFF THE MOST.

Edit: As Badger has said, £5 Primark hoody with the strings tied together - SHIT.

P.S Baseball Caps - SHIT.

:shrug:

You've missed a few recent additions to an otherwise SPOT-ON list;

Lyle and Scott - When it's taking up half the stock in Size it's destined for CHAVERY
Fila - Overplayed that 'Away Days' stuff WAY too much
Hollister - The shop itself says it all
Shirts with Hoods (any brand) - absolute abominations
Topman T-shirts/V-necks - having Rhianna on your top does not make you cool

Oh and Barbour Liddlesdale jackets - SO 2008

Jan 30, 2008
The reason I ask is this, I was just walking through Asda and there was a girl probably aged 18-22ish. She was wearing slouched slipper boot type things , pyjama top and bottoms and a dressing gown. The full night time ensemble ?!?! Now, I appreciate I'm probably not as cool as I once thought I was, but surely this isn't what 'the kids' are wearing now is it? Bloody ridiculous.
what about the old boy that walks along Lewes road dressed as a women ...................... class :eek:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What I don't understand is if you are going to wear a belt, why not buckle it properly so your arse doesn't hang out? :shrug:
Should belts come with instructions these days?

Obviously if you are a fit young lady it's a good look. :wink:

Jan 30, 2008

Lyle and Scott - When it's taking up half the stock in Size it's destined for CHAVERY

i don't follow fashion i set it:D

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
The reason I ask is this, I was just walking through Asda and there was a girl probably aged 18-22ish. She was wearing slouched slipper boot type things , pyjama top and bottoms and a dressing gown. The full night time ensemble ?!?! Now, I appreciate I'm probably not as cool as I once thought I was, but surely this isn't what 'the kids' are wearing now is it? Bloody ridiculous.

Puffa jackets is where its at !!!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Nah, she wasn't 'with it.' This chicky is a real ASDA fashion trend setter.

people_of_walmart_12.jpg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was on a stag trip before Xmas and there were a group of lads all wearing what looked like knitted Christmas themed jumpers. At the bar I was quick to comment to them how funny they looked and what a great idea it was for a stag themed outfit. Could not work out why they looked so pissed off until my mate took me to one side and explained they were in 'fashion'

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Was on a stag trip before Xmas and there were a group of lads all wearing what looked like knitted Christmas themed jumpers. At the bar I was quick to comment to them how funny they looked and what a great idea it was for a stag themed outfit. Could not work out why they looked so pissed off until my mate took me to one side and explained they were in 'fashion'

Yeah grandad jumpers are in at the moment, but are on the way out, being replaced by heavy knitted cardi's. And agree with [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] that the fashion at the moment is pretty smart

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yeah grandad jumpers are in at the moment, but are on the way out, being replaced by heavy knitted cardi's. And agree with [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] that the fashion at the moment is pretty smart

The thing is I am sure there are many on here complaining about teenage fashion that looked a complete goon in their own teenage years. I sported a centre parting curtained bobcut when I was 18 so I am hardly going to have a pop at current fashion.

Working at a college I would also say that the lads that are a little more daring with their fashion and wear the more 'out-there' stuff are also the most popular with the girls so they must be doing something right!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.

I must admit to owning a Barbour jacket. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here