Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fare dodging

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He wasn't holding the train up, the inspector was.

And much as though I agree he was indeed a foul mouthed little scrote, he didn't deserve to be assaulted for it.

No, but if you are a foul mouthed little scrote eventually you will come a cropper. I'm struggling to see the issue really: arsey twat does not have a ticket, so he gets slung off the train. I fail to see how the arsey twat can gain any support.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
No, but if you are a foul mouthed little scrote eventually you will come a cropper. I'm struggling to see the issue really: arsey twat does not have a ticket, so he gets slung off the train. I fail to see how the arsey twat can gain any support.

I can't disagree too much with that, but the one thing that hacks me off more than arsey twats fare dodging is little Adolf Inspector trying to turn everyone against him by inconveniencing the other passengers - the act of a real coward. And he had plenty of other options than holding the train up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

'Arsey twat', that's the key - If he'd have said 'sorry sir, think I've made a mistake, got the wrong ticket, haven't got any money, can we sort something out' or something of that ilk, no problem, I'd be sympathetic. But like soooo many other people in life, adults and kids, they have to give it the Barry.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't disagree too much with that, but the one thing that hacks me off more than arsey twats fare dodging is little Adolf Inspector trying to turn everyone against him by inconveniencing the other passengers - the act of a real coward. And he had plenty of other options than holding the train up.

Fair enough, but this seems to be the standard approach to these situations. I have been on plenty of buses and trains over the years where they just stop and say they will not go any further until the person has left the vehicle. I wonder if they teach this at ticket inspecting school?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
What were the other options ?
Take his details and issue him with a penalty?
Get the driver to radio ahead and have Plod meet him at a station down the line?
Turf him off himself, instead of inconveniencing everyone on the train in the cowardly hope that someone else would 'step in' and do his donkey work for him.

You tell me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why? If it was me in the video my father would have called me a f***ing twat and told me to buy a ticket in the future.

This approach is becoming all too common these days. It happens in schools all the time. In the past if you misbehaved you got told off at school and then a telling off at home when your parents found out. These days the parents march up to the school and defend their children regardless. It's not right.
No no no, if, and i think its an if, he was in the wrong then fair enough, i'm certainly not one of those types of parent, but i still stand by the comment that the so called "big man" wouldnt have been anywhere to be seen if it wasnt a skinny kid .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know a well known NSC poster who tried to raid the buffet car coming back from Walsall last season. I nearly tossed him off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. and the "kid" now interviewed on the news. Not quite what you would expect to be honest. I suspect there is another side to this story.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.. and the "kid" now interviewed on the news. Not quite what you would expect to be honest. I suspect there is another side to this story.

In what way?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In what way?

Badly worded I'm afraid. The coverage I'd read was quite happy to place him in a box alongside the spate of mobile phone captured public transport nonsense recently. Probaly why it became a story.

Now I've actually seen the video - his story appears plausible at least and I'm not quite sure why the other bloke on the train thought it was anything to do with him. Let alone throwing him face first onto the platform.

We all love a have "a go hero", but he suspected of robbing a bank was he ?

If you think physical violence is the answer to fare dodging, suspected, real or otherwise - then I'm afraid it's not worth having a discussion about it.

For the record I've reported to the Police/Rail Staff people seriously f*cking about on trains on two or three occasions. I had great joy last year getting a couple of kids thrown off a train who were throwing missiles down the carriage.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I know this original thread was about 'fare dodging' but I would also like to add my say about this issue. This young man thought it was within his human rights to hold up an entire train of others in a bid to prove he was innocent of the charge. Workers tired after a days work now listening to a potentially drunk kid arguing the toss about his tickets! Jeez!!!!! Ok the conductor could have said lets sort it out at the next station but, society is changing, we are fed up of the argumentative, self deluded lot that think they can do what they like anytime. I have to admit to a bit of rage myself once (see you have to suffer it to suffer it NO longer!) A kid on the bus once thought it funny to throw half eaten apples across the bus at his friends. Bad mistake, it splattered across the window next to me and showered me. I showered him with many punches to the head! Am I violent, no, was I reacting over the top, possibly! Was I satisfied? Most CERTAINLY!................:)

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
. I have to admit to a bit of rage myself once (see you have to suffer it to suffer it NO longer!) A kid on the bus once thought it funny to throw half eaten apples across the bus at his friends. Bad mistake, it splattered across the window next to me and showered me. I showered him with many punches to the head! Am I violent, no, was I reacting over the top, possibly! Was I satisfied? Most CERTAINLY!................:)

Core... Your raincoat got covered did it..... was it an AppleMac ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Just a question to those that travel by public transport. How many times a year are you f**ked off with your fellow passengers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here