Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO The Large One

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Harty said:
Exactly the point Large One it was for funding players not flowers, something you should recall at the original meeting in my dining room back in October 2002.

A little pedantic Harty? £250 spent on flowers which may have helped us get a stadium which in the long run will get us new players and a new lease on life for the club?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Harty you utter FUCKTARD.

You've questioned the integrity of a mate of mine who has done a FUCKLOAD of work raising money for the fund that has piled a lot of money into the club as well as providiing some excellent entertainment on the way and that's NOT ON. I appreciate that you like to keep tabs on the financial situation of the CLUB but you've gone too far here. I suggest you apologise and take back what you have said.

Twat.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
:kiss:

A difference of opinion, Max, that's all.

To be fair, Harty has done shedloads more than me over the years in support of the Albion, so he is way ahead of me on the scorecard. I don't think an apology is necessary but thanks for the love, man.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
to be fair to ian i thought his post was meant as a joke, i don't seriously think he was having a dig about the money, why would he? nobody lost out...

Albion Rob

For crying out loud.

Why does this message board need to be the host of personal issues that border on vendettas?

I've stated on NSP that sometimes on here it's almost like people revel in thigns going wrong at the club so they can post snide remarks that amount to: "I told you so."

I've got a lot of time for Harty and have been re-reading a lot of my old Gulls Eyes (younger fans, you really missed out, get a look if you can) but is there really any point bringing this sort of thing up again? In all honesty, who cares where the flowers went as it wasn't as if we were looking to Brighton up (see what I did there?) Mrs Prescott's day, was it?

I am all for tigth fiscal control of these things, we all know only too well what unscrupulous people can do to people, that's why we sit shivering in the open air for six months a year, however, we don't need sniping and baiting.

It sometimes strikes me tha we're a bit like old men who came home from the war - it was their big life experience and they will keep telling people about it and finding fault in the way things are done in the future. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as the Goldstone fight was our big football experience but that doesn't mean we have to go and produce a message board that basically harms the club by dividing the support.

We have been resourceful in our attempts to provide funding for players and ultimately to try to get Falmer - we're pretty close now, let's not blow it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Rob said:
For crying out loud.

Why does this message board need to be the host of personal issues that border on vendettas?

I've stated on NSP that sometimes on here it's almost like people revel in thigns going wrong at the club so they can post snide remarks that amount to: "I told you so."

I've got a lot of time for Harty and have been re-reading a lot of my old Gulls Eyes (younger fans, you really missed out, get a look if you can) but is there really any point bringing this sort of thing up again? In all honesty, who cares where the flowers went as it wasn't as if we were looking to Brighton up (see what I did there?) Mrs Prescott's day, was it?

I am all for tigth fiscal control of these things, we all know only too well what unscrupulous people can do to people, that's why we sit shivering in the open air for six months a year, however, we don't need sniping and baiting.

It sometimes strikes me tha we're a bit like old men who came home from the war - it was their big life experience and they will keep telling people about it and finding fault in the way things are done in the future. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as the Goldstone fight was our big football experience but that doesn't mean we have to go and produce a message board that basically harms the club by dividing the support.

We have been resourceful in our attempts to provide funding for players and ultimately to try to get Falmer - we're pretty close now, let's not blow it.

Shut up you IDIOT.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Shut up you IDIOT.

I think Rob was aiming it at Harty not you. And if he was, fair enough, Al and Doug worked their arses off for the 40 Notes Fund and raised alot of good money for th team, plus sending the flowers worked in doing exactly what they were intended to do, so Harty's sniping is very petty. It wasnt so much his first post, which was quite funny, but the one about the first meeting in his dining room which was out of order IMO.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Southy said:
I think Rob was aiming it at Harty not you. And if he was, fair enough, Al and Doug worked their arses off for the 40 Notes Fund and raised alot of good money for th team, plus sending the flowers worked in doing exactly what they were intended to do, so Harty's sniping is very petty. It wasnt so much his first post, which was quite funny, but the one about the first meeting in his dining room which was out of order IMO.

I know, I was being fascie..fasceiu.....a shit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is the 40 Note fund a registered charity - I doubt it, therefore if the people at the quiz night agreed that a proportion of their donations was put towards another venture - one that ultimately will save our club and hopefully send us onto better things - then what is the problem really.

At the end of the day, as I have heard many times on the phone in, players come and go the club is always there - it wont be if we dont get Falmer

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It was only £250! What's the problem?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am a fan of Harty he is a legend but I cannot see that TLO has done anything wrong.

A storm in a teacup imho.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lush said:
So - you had a fundraising event. You raised £1,250 at that event. You asked the people in the room WHO'D RAISED THE MONEY if they minded if £250 of the total went towards flowers in support of the Falmer Campaign - and the rest to the Forty Notes Fund. They said they didn't mind at all.

What's the problem?
The problem is that we havn't had the chance to ARGUE about it yet on NSC. Isn't that what this place is for ? A snidey remark here, a veiled insult there, some twisted facts, a hidden agenda, one or two outright lies, a couple of smart-arse comments which then generate some abusive and/or insulting replies, followed by an almighty great FLOUNCE. Then we can all sign off happy.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :thumbsup:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
You say donate, I say divert, lets call the whole thing off.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lush said:
So - you had a fundraising event. You raised £1,250 at that event. You asked the people in the room WHO'D RAISED THE MONEY if they minded if £250 of the total went towards flowers in support of the Falmer Campaign - and the rest to the Forty Notes Fund. They said they didn't mind at all.

What's the problem?

Have to agree as the 2 issues are linked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here