Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO The Large One

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
In light of certain revelations over the last 48hours do you think some of the flowers you sent John Prescott, with money diverted from the 40 Note Fund, may have ended up in a vase not belonging to Mrs Prescott?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:ohmy:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
:ohmy: :ohmy:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the week that the first Inspector (the one presiding over the Brighton & Hove Local Plan) turned down Falmer, we had the Quiz Night at the King & Queen. Paul Samrah couldn't make it to the quiz. However, he had asked the Forty Notes Fund people that day if the we would make a donation for the flowers the other 91 clubs were sending. I think we donated about £250-£300. I can't remember the exact amount.

I remember reading out a statement from Paul (in his capacity as FFA Chairman) imploring everyone to be at Wycombe the next day for a protest. Remember, at the time, we were all SERIOUSLY pissed off with the Planning Inspector. So pissed off, I've forgotten his name. When we also said that the Forty Notes Fund was also chipping in for the flowers, it was greeted with a warm round of applause of appreciation.

When he saw me the next day at Wycombe, Harty wasn't happy, and told me so. 'That money was for new players', 'not for bloody flowers' he scolded. Oh, I felt so small and ashamed.

The thing that worries me though now is that Harty remembered it.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Exactly the point Large One it was for funding players not flowers, something you should recall at the original meeting in my dining room back in October 2002.

That £250 could have made all the difference to our relegation :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

1066gull

Prescott's 'mistress' wasn't a Liberal Democrat by any chance?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
£250 could have save us from relegation. If that's the case i'm desperatley shocked how the Football league works.

Grow Up! Get Up! And just support the club!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
afters said:
aren't you banned?

Bad news,must be lifted but the next ban won't be far away.

afters said:
aren't you banned?

Can't we get the 40 Note Fund to bribe Bozza? £250 should cover it :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that the people who donated the money to the forty note fund in the expectation of buying players didnt expect it to be spent on flowers other than of course Tim Flowers the goalkeeper, or even Ron Flowers if you can remember back that far. Equally I hope the sending of these flowers played a great part in us being granted planning permission for Falmer.

Harty said:
Exactly the point Large One it was for funding players not flowers, something you should recall at the original meeting in my dining room back in October 2002.
Is it my memory that is at fault, Harty?

But I can't recall TLO being at that meeting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
Is it my memory that is at fault, Harty?

But I can't recall TLO being at that meeting.
No, nor me. Unless I have had a pretty comprehensive attack of amnesia.

By that time, only two people were actively interested in running, or having anything to do with, the Forty Notes Fund - myself and Doug Clarke. And seeing as we had had a pretty healthy mandate from the people donating that evening (i.e. those who attended the quiz night), I felt we were entirely justified in donating. We had raised £1,250 that evening.

After all, it was merely another vehicle for fundraising, so the money still came from the fans anyway.

Lush

Mods' Pet
So - you had a fundraising event. You raised £1,250 at that event. You asked the people in the room WHO'D RAISED THE MONEY if they minded if £250 of the total went towards flowers in support of the Falmer Campaign - and the rest to the Forty Notes Fund. They said they didn't mind at all.

What's the problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here