Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO The "I'm Not Renewing" Brigade...

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Let them go!! I would love a season ticket but just could not afford it this season.. don't moan just hand it over to me!!...mind you, as a season ticket holder through the withdean years I think I said I won't be renewing every season, even as I was writing out the cheques..win,lose or draw I am always a gull!!

Make me an offer and you can have mine for the remainder of this season and put your money where your mouth is

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I really don't mind if some of the "fans" that currently pack the stadium go away and never come back.

Supporting Brighton has never been about glory-hunting and expecting to win every game. But the despair and disgust some people feel the need to display when we so much as draw these days is mind-boggling to me. Cancel your direct debits, people, and go back to watching Man Utd on Sky.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only way prices will increase is if we get to the Premiership, if the prices are hiked next season I can see quite a lot of non-renewals

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
HOPE the person next TO you doesn't RENEW as I want to sit there

I doubt that, Mini will renew as will my other colleague

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The only way prices will increase is if we get to the Premiership, if the prices are hiked next season I can see quite a lot of non-renewals

You would like to think so, but I don't believe that for one minute. I am expecting a 10% minimum hike. Putting the mid-WSU into the £550 range (approx £24 a game... compared to the £32 individual match tickets).

IF we went up, I would expect nearer 30% (for 20 games)... £650 (or £32 a game against a £40+ individual match ticket).

There will be enough JCELs to take up those priced out (which may include me).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think for many that it's getting value for money and what the overall outlay is as a percentage of their annual salary.

Posters on here are comparing apples to oranges in so much as their incomes all vary.

Say someone earns £18k gross a year and each game (ticket,transport,food and drink) is £50, then multiply that by 23 games (£1150) and to get an approximate gross salary equivalent and that equals £1600 gross wages a year outlayed

On an example £18k a year salary,then that fan would outlay almost 9% of his annual wage on just 23 days of variable entertainment a year!

I get that it's not cheap for some people but if money's that tight, why £50 a game? It's easy enough to watch a football match without buying food or drink at the ground and, for fans within a fair sized radius of the ground, public transport is already included in the price of the season ticket. So you could halve your estimation per match quite easily. 5% of income on something that enhances a substantial number of weekends isn't so bad. And I'm sure a majority of our crowd earn more than 18k a year.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whether I renew of not all depends on price. If it stays the same then all good but an increase or the removal of the interest free direct debit and I would have to think seriously about it. There is a limit to what people can afford and my only worry is that the club will push it too far premier league or no premier league

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Recently I've seen a lot of posters on here saying they won't renew season tickets if we don't keep players, progress, sack poyet etc.

What's going on? I for one, have a season ticket because I support my local league team, and will continue to go whatever happens.

People seem to be forgetting what football really is.

Totally agree. You're either the kind of person who goes to football or you're not. It's a part of who you are and the central core of the weekend. It's not about swanning around in a lanyard.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Supporting your local team and getting behind them with passion. Simple as.

It would help if Poyet pulled his finger out and started motivating the team. We are not doing as well as we should be I believe.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That's how I feel too. Would prefer a half full stadium of people who care, than a full stadium with half who don't.

The atmosphere will improve massively when the JCL's bugger back off to their armchairs.

Why? What stops the half "who care" from making a noise now? Don't really understand that - and the more money that comes in, the better it is for the club and the team.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Your deluded if you think there are 26000 die hard supporters going every week, some people just want to cheer their local team on, be entertained and have a day out. They're not being entertained at the moment thereby one of the reasons go going is lost and if the main focus is entertainment then they will choose to do something else with their Saturday afternoons.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That's how I feel too. Would prefer a half full stadium of people who care, than a full stadium with half who don't.

The atmosphere will improve massively when the JCL's bugger back off to their armchairs.

What a stupid statement, lets jack in the Amex then and go back to Withdean.

Well it's simple, people are more likely to make noise when sitting with like minded people. When every other person at the Amex would rather talk amongst themselves, talk about Premier League football, or look at you as if you're a nutter when you sing songs - it's obviously going to subdue those who do want to make noise. If you go to a game, and everyone around you is sitting in silence, chances are you will too, and it's got to the point where the majority of the ground is like that now which is why the atmosphere is so rubbish.

If our fortunes do change for the worse, the one positive I can think of is all these plastic "fans" will disappear. I know they generate cash, but I do believe that making the Amex a place of passion and noise is more beneficial in the long term

It took until New Years Eve for the most ill judged, stupidist comment of 2012 to happen, Well Done.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well it's simple, people are more likely to make noise when sitting with like minded people. When every other person at the Amex would rather talk amongst themselves, talk about Premier League football, or look at you as if you're a nutter when you sing songs - it's obviously going to subdue those who do want to make noise. If you go to a game, and everyone around you is sitting in silence, chances are you will too, and it's got to the point where the majority of the ground is like that now which is why the atmosphere is so rubbish.

If our fortunes do change for the worse, the one positive I can think of is all these plastic "fans" will disappear. I know they generate cash, but I do believe that making the Amex a place of passion and noise is more beneficial in the long term.

What a ridiculous post so just because someone does not sing they are plastic??!!

Like it or not this club needs fans week in week out whether they sing, moan, sit in silence or spend 90min checking the premier league scores on their iPhone

I find this 'über fan' mentality simply ridiculous one fans money is a good as the next and if someone puts money into my club which helps its long term viability and success the I could not give two sh*ts whether they choose to sing all game or not.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Of course the club needs fans, but it doesn't need 25,000 + of them. The club would easily get by with half that.

Football for me isn't so much about money & success, but more the fact you are supporting your club and city with passion. Take that away, and what's the point?

Passion & support just doesn't really happen at the Amex, and yes I do blame the JCL's and will probably rejoice once they have all f***ed off and we're getting 15,000 attendances. For me personally, next season I'll be saving my money and doing more away games instead.

Keep living in the past then mate. or just go support lewes.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Do some people not understand that these 'plastic fans' could very easily make Brighton their number one club due it being local. This wont happen overnight, but it will gradually and they will also make their children support the club, helping the fanbase grow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here