FAO The "I'm Not Renewing" Brigade...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
People won't renew because they will pick and choose there games.There will be over 10,000 to choose from if this way of playing continues.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
People won't renew because they will pick and choose there games.

This is the fact. A Non-STH can buy a ticket for pretty much any game he/she wants to. Most people can't/won't commit to every game in a season.
Now we've got a few more seats, ironically, attendance may drop.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Someone above posted that it's about the day out, a few beers with mates, and the football is SECONDARY. I daresay that is the case for lots of people there, and networking for fans in the 1901 and corporate areas. For ME though, none of that applies, as I am there strictly for the footy. That is why I'm thinking about not renewing, as we have been found out by the other teams, and we are not adapting to the challenges before us

And I have been an on/off fan for over forty years

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
i think you will find that very few people will not renew. Only those who expected us to walk the league this year will as they have no sense of reality :mad:

What a load of bollocks. I will not renew because i have to work 3 in 4 weekends and i am am not enjoying it enough to fork out another £500.
You go to football for enjoyment, if you stop enjoying you stop going. Not f---ing rocket science is it.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Fan = fanatic? I would seriously doubt that there are 28,000 Albion "fanatics" out there - especially since we rarely has 6500 at Withdean. There are, no doubt, many "supporters" , who enjoy watching football and will come along to watch their local team. However, it's not cheap, access to the stadium is difficult for many (especially those living outside the immediate area) and, at the moment at least, the Albion's performances can hardly be said to be entertaining. Slag them off by all means - but remember, not everyone is in a position to justify the expenditure when times are hard, nor are they always able to devote the time needed to attend games. It's these 15000 more casual supporters that the club will need in the future.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
what a load of bollocks. I will not renew because i have to work 3 in 4 weekends and i am am not enjoying it enough to fork out another £500.
You go to football for enjoyment, if you stop enjoying you stop going. Not f---ing rocket science is it.

100% this.

Someone above posted that it's about the day out, a few beers with mates, and the football is SECONDARY. I daresay that is the case for lots of people there, and networking for fans in the 1901 and corporate areas. For ME though, none of that applies, as I am there strictly for the footy. That is why I'm thinking about not renewing, as we have been found out by the other teams, and we are not adapting to the challenges before us

And I have been an on/off fan for over forty years

The footy has been secondary to me for nigh on 30 years mate, if it was ALL about the Footy I'd have given up years ago.:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Take your Season Ticket to the Amex Stadium and watch! Singing is permitted, as long as you are sitting down. AAAL-BEEE-UH-UN!

I'm going to give it a go. Am I allowed to rap?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll go as long as I can afford it , the club need to be careful in this respect.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This is the fact. A Non-STH can buy a ticket for pretty much any game he/she wants to..

And then those same people will then moan that the prices are too expensive and if we got a "glamour tie" in the cup - they wouldnt get a ticket because they wont have enough LP.

Would probably be easier to keep the DD going and just go to the matches you want, probably cheaper and better value too.

Though for those who cant afford it, going to the odd game of course would be easier, especially if next season we are one of the top teams we might be on TV even more (i did say IF, thats a big IF too).

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I think for many that it's getting value for money and what the overall outlay is as a percentage of their annual salary.

Posters on here are comparing apples to oranges in so much as their incomes all vary.

Here's an example....

Say someone earns £18k gross a year and each game (ticket,transport,food and drink) is £50, then multiply that by 23 games (£1150) and to get an approximate gross salary equivalent and that equals £1600 gross wages a year outlayed

On an example £18k a year salary,then that fan would outlay almost 9% of his annual wage on just 23 days of variable entertainment a year!

Couple that with other monthly bills and the fact that you can listen to it on the radio,catch the highlights later that night and it becomes clear why some are re-thinking things in these tough economic times.

Its not about being a bad fan, its about value for money to that particular individual !!!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The beauty of the direct debit scheme is that a lot of these people will be too lazy to actually cancel it so they'll be back next year anyway.
People next to me haven't been all season, but they still have their s/t's.

I know because I tried to get their seats.

Let them go!! I would love a season ticket but just could not afford it this season.. don't moan just hand it over to me!!...mind you, as a season ticket holder through the withdean years I think I said I won't be renewing every season, even as I was writing out the cheques..win,lose or draw I am always a gull!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Because for one reason or another they don't see the value of it.

Where were all the people in this thread criticising them at Withdean? Because you can rest assured most of them didn't have a season ticket then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here