Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO the cops on here

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny, I don't believe Roz was arrested at any point.

But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO the cops on here

jonogulls said:
To be honest, I've yet to meet a police force I have liked and respected (this wasn't the Met though).

It's just the unbelievable hypocrisy of the police that confuses me; they're more than happy to have 100+ officers at a 'Championship' game when they're being paid overtime, but are they ever there when you need the fuckers? And they cause more trouble than they stop at football, simply so they can carry on doing the easiest of jobs, which doesn't even require their incredibly small brain to function.

Yet they'll arrest someone for a 'Wanted' poster, or shoot Brazilians on trains, or arrest me if I beat the shit out of one of these little shites.

f*** me, I think I'm gonna vote Tory.
The last line I like:clap2:

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
edna krabappel said:

But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Doesn't stop you lot (I assume you're a cop) being hypocritical, spineless wankers. :censored: :censored: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
edna krabappel said:

Correct

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FAO the cops on here

chicken run said:
The last line I like:clap2:

I blame your lot and rabid Maggie for my troubles. Perhaps if she hadn't f***ed up society so much, I'd still have my famous good looks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
jonogulls said:
Doesn't stop you lot (I assume you're a cop) being hypocritical, spineless wankers. :censored: :censored: :angry:

I'm not a police officer, but I do work for the emergency services.
Spineless? No offence, but people like you wouldn't last one second on a routine shift.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
Bry Nylon said:
I'm not a police officer, but I do work for the emergency services.
Spineless? No offence, but people like you wouldn't last one second on a routine shift.

Why not? Because I'm law abiding?

Incidentally, I've never (until my later years) shirked away from violence (try working in social services or in Liberia during the civil war), but I just think the police force in this country are an absolute disgrace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hypocritical, spineless wankers?

I've been called a lot worse.

I don't know the exact circumstances of what happened to you and when, so I won't comment on that.

But it's a nice generalisation you made there.

A bit like LDC, Falmer Parish Council, Norman Baker etc, calling all football fans thuggish, uneducated, criminally prone hooligans who are bound to piss in their gardens I suppose.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Hypocritical, spineless wankers?

I've been called a lot worse.

I don't know the exact circumstances of what happened to you and when, so I won't comment on that.

But it's a nice generalisation you made there.

A bit like LDC, Falmer Parish Council, Norman Baker etc, calling all football fans thuggish, uneducated, criminally prone hooligans who are bound to piss in their gardens I suppose.

Why do you put so much resources into policing football with little chance of trouble, and do f*** all about policing the streets then?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
jonogulls said:
try working in social services or in Liberia during the civil war

Fair enough. The police officiers I come into daily contact with are decent, honest people. Like the rest of us they occasionally f*** up / get frightened / wish they had done things differently. But I still think they are the best police force in the world.

jonogulls said:
I think you're all f***ing shite :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Why don't you go and arrest a woman for printing a poster, you royalist middle class SS fuckers. :angry:
Err ...

The cops who post on NSC have been very sympathetic - helpful, indeed - to the wicked poster woman.

The real cop who has been dealing with the case has, so far, done nothing more than communicate by e-mail.

I guess they're all busy. But I haven't noticed much beating-up of football fans round here - not recently anyway.

I suppose we might ask whether the emergence of "virtual policing" is a good thing, or whether it will ever take off as an alternative to real policing. In the meantime, jonogulls, all I'll say is that I'm sorry to hear about the assault.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Bry Nylon said:
. . . . . . . . . But I still think they are the best police force in the world.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only time that I have had to call on the police in an official capacity I was well impressed.

My wife and I arrived home at eleven one night after a weekend away to discover that we had been burgled. A constable arrived at around quarter to midnight and didn't leave us until turned one in the morning. The same morning just after nine the fingerprints man was at the house.

We couldn't have asked for better service.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
jonogulls said:
Why not? Because I'm law abiding?

Incidentally, I've never (until my later years) shirked away from violence

Isn't it the general concensus these days that the best thing to do IS to shirk away from violence?

That's not being cowardly, it's being sensible... but we don't know the circumstances of your assault, so far be it from me to be critical :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
jonogulls said:
Why do you put so much resources into policing football with little chance of trouble, and do f*** all about policing the streets then?

How many police did you see at the Albion yesterday?

I can see you're probably one of these people who's never going to see any other viewpoint.

But with things like football, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Turn up with lots of police to a high profile game (which Wolves/Cardiff undoubtedly was) and if there's no trouble, people complain about a waste of resources (failing to consider maybe that's WHY there was no trouble).

If on the other hand, they decide to have a small police presence,
it then happens to kick off, and people complain that there was nobody there to protect them. They can't win.

I understand your frustration, without knowing exactly what happened to you, but if you think for one moment that the police officers of Sussex are sitting in the office, scratching their arses and eating donuts (not with the same hand, obviously) while the public are out getting their heads kicked in, you're very, very wrong.

I have never had so much work to do in my life as I do now. I'm supposed to keep the streets safe, patrol the local area and be proactive about it, while investigating dozens of reports of crime (some of which are complete CRAP anyway, or people trying to pull scams with their insurance companies or stitch mates up), and putting together lengthy files on all of this. I'm not after sympathy, I signed up for it when I started the job. But if there's a problem here, it's because there aren't enough police to go around, not because those who do the job don't give a shit.

At least not where I work. Complain at the Government if you wish, ask for more police on the streets (I'm sure you'd love to pay more taxes). But please don't try and convince me that the people doing the job aren't bothered about what goes on around the towns and villages of Sussex.

We have to live there too you know.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
There are some absolutely disgraceful people in the police force. I remember one from Shoreham, PC Blackman, a complete and utter tosser. He kept stopping me in my car or on my motorbike everytime he saw me. Searched for drugs, breath tests the lot. I started taking the tickets into the police station at odd times of the night and eventually made a complaint about him, then it stopped.

What you should remember Johno is that they are never going to be the brightest people on the planet and they are always "only doing as they were told." You try getting one to come round when your house has been robbed, car broken into or someone has vandalised your stables - not a bloody chance. But, there always seem to be enough to enforce speeding tickets or arrest people for reading a list of names. Its never the xxxxxtables fault though, always a superior officer. Complain to you police authority, MP, parish, district and county councillors and make a lot of fuss. Cause them more bother than you have been caused and they might just help you next time if you are very lucky, its a tuesdays and a wxing gibbous moon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
chip said:
There are some absolutely disgraceful people in the police force. I remember one from Shoreham, PC Blackman, a complete and utter tosser. He kept stopping me in my car or on my motorbike everytime he saw me. Searched for drugs, breath tests the lot. I started taking the tickets into the police station at odd times of the night and eventually made a complaint about him, then it stopped.

What you should remember Johno is that they are never going to be the brightest people on the planet and they are always "only doing as they were told." You try getting one to come round when your house has been robbed, car broken into or someone has vandalised your stables - not a bloody chance. But, there always seem to be enough to enforce speeding tickets or arrest people for reading a list of names. Its never the xxxxxtables fault though, always a superior officer. Complain to you police authority, MP, parish, district and county councillors and make a lot of fuss. Cause them more bother than you have been caused and they might just help you next time if you are very lucky, its a tuesdays and a wxing gibbous moon.

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here