Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Piglets Pantry - You'll Be Disappointed With That Amex Xmas Pie

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, I think I've discovered the elusive Higgs-Boson particle. Minute traces of it were to be found in the Amex Xmas Pie, right there between the great slathers of stuffing base and the quarter pound of cranberry jam on top. It tastes a bit like turkey. :xmas:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I rather enjoyed my Christmas pie, washed down with a couple of Harvey's.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
I agree the turkey was so sparse it would have suited a vegetarian!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wasn't that impressed with it.
Stodgey, not enough turkey (only found 3 small pieces), pastry was hard in places and soft in others, and no pastry on top.

Think I'll stick with chicken/ham next time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I didn't get to have a chicken and ham pie. :down:

The Christmas one was extremely disappointing. Mine had probably been sitting uncared for in the tray for about an hour before I got to it though. Very disappointing, but as is the same with every game, timing is the key. I'm sure if mine had only recently come out of the oven, it would have been fine and dandy. More a stock rotation issue than a pie issue, I think.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I really enjoyed mine. It had loads of turkey in it. My only complaint would be that it was a bit on the small size.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
very sparse turkey in mine too. That being said I still enjoyed it (but I am a bit of a fat git and it is food)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sold out of Xmas pies at 2:10 and settled for the balti pie (which was barely even warm!).

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Very disappointed. It's not a pie it's a tart and not a very big tart at that. I think mine must have been sitting around a while because the pastry was rock hard. I only had it because I still haven't been in the the right place at the right time for one of the mythical balti pies.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Very disappointed. It's not a pie it's a tart and not a very big tart at that. I think mine must have been sitting around a while because the pastry was rock hard. I only had it because I still haven't been in the the right place at the right time for one of the mythical balti pies.[/QUOTE

Guess we need to change places, asked for xmas pie first time and chicken pie 2nd time, got back to seat with a balti both times

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ive given up on them tbh,they have clearly bitten off more they can chew,a small company like that should of never been given the contract,unless they could manage the orders.
I have been tols how theu operate,and its only going to get worse unless they get more orgainsed

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Also FAO Piglets Pantry.

I hung up my little wooden fork today!

I love your pies but I am sick and tired of waiting 20 minutes in line and being told 'we are sold out of Balti' and then 'we are also sold out of chicken' every time without fail at whatever time I ask for one in the WSU.

It's not the fault of the young staff serving as they do a great job in my opinion! It's the managers who still can't get the supply right after how many games now? I will be getting my match-day lunch somewhere else from now on. Enough is Enough!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I couldn't get one so had a Chicken Balti instead - lovely !!!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I couldn't get one so had a Chicken Balti instead - lovely !!!!!

Uh, I was told there are no Balti pies due to the Xmas pie and this was at 1pm! in front of me were shed loads of Balti adverts, I said it might be best if you take these down. I can't believe that they have had 7 days since the last match and they still cannot produce enough or even some of the fayre that they are offering. The catering company are complete idiots.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ive given up on them tbh,they have clearly bitten off more they can chew,a small company like that should of never been given the contract,unless they could manage the orders.
I have been tols how theu operate,and its only going to get worse unless they get more orgainsed

Ignoring quality issues (i've not had a bad pie yet) its azure who are the biggest letdown and its them who should be kicked out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here