Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Lush, The Great Cornholio, Tom Hark Preston Park et al

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Having come on NSC to answer a few PM's I'm afraid I couldn't resist one last post.

Lush you actually put me in mind of one of those old girls from the French revolution who used to do their knitting sitting by the guillotine, almost salivating at the prospect of the next execution.
Obviously judging by your well documented opinions of me this goes way beyond footballing matters, clearly at some point down the years I've pissed you off to the point of no return, the same can also be said for Cornholio, if the tone of his posts and Pm's are anything to go by.

I am actually disapointed that things have appeared to go 'tits up' with Tom Hark as I've always had a healthy respect for him and his coherent arguments on this board. Having seen the tone of his posts and his pm last week it wasn't a two way opinion.

To re-iterate, once again, I have no hidden agenda with the club generally or Messrs Knight and Perry in particular. Granted I am sceptical of certain things but that's born out of a the old adage of once bitten twice shy, as I can never forget that I, like many other people connected with the club was duped by Archer and co and to my eternal shame and embarrasment I instigated a standing ovation for Bellotti at a Gulls Eye dinner 13 months before they sold the Goldstone.

I am in a privileged postion having a foot in the media camp and perhaps have been party to certain facts and events that although I would never publish or broadcast them they do put a different light on certain things.

We had a Gulls Eye booze up in a dubious Worthing nightclub on Friday and the subject of the baiting/withchunt on NSC came up, peter Kennard reminded me of the old saying 'You can't please all of the people all of the time' and its true, regarding all things Albion whatever I do or say I won't get 100% approval. When i sold issue 2 of The Eye in Sept 1988 someone came up to Pete and I and called us a couple of wankers who weren't proper Albion fans.
The same can be said when the troubles were on, not everyone joined the boycotts and the walkouts, and whatever we did be it helping Simon Valder when he was put away or arranging certain 'obstacles' for our then Chief Executive, there were people who were against us, those might be the same people who appear on NSC, who knows?

All I know is that I am passionate about this football club, cannot wait for the day that I can purchase a season ticket for my son and I at Falmer and will continue to host the phone in for as long as SCR want me to. I, along with many others, fought long and hard to get it, if the fans don't want it, listener numbers and specifically caller numbers will dictate that. For the people who want it to continue, keep calling and making your points, the more of you who ring, the less you'll have to listen to me.

NOTE TO LUSH (It was 8 calls, with the usual 5.40 rush which couldn't get to air, you were probably out getting a new ball of wool)

In the main I've enjoyed NSC, at times its a great forum and an extension of the fanzine movment, but it can also be hijacked and used by faceless posters to settle old socres or just abuse for no real reason.

Thanks for all the people who supported me on here down the years and especially in the last week.

And finally............

South Stand Zealot is Alan Golds, he has been a pain in the arse since the early days of the Eye, I think he's a very sad and lonely man.

Up the Albion

Harty

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not all just draw a line under this and live in eternal happiness either on NSC, on the phone-in or supporting BHAFC - whatever suits each individual.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Best of luck sir. I think we all know where your heart lies. Just don't get a job as a diplomat if the bottom drops out of your profession. :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I defended Harty earlier because depsite being one of the people who criticised him I think this has got well out of hand and that it is time that we all, Harty included in this, grew up and got on with the real job of supporting the team.

BUT

To make points about pm's he has got from posters is slightly one sided.

I got a PM from Harty that was among the most imature things I have ever read on NSC and The Great Cornilihio posted earlier that he had got something similar.

Lets stop all this petty name calling. It makes us all look very geeky, very child like and very pathetic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
Lets stop all this petty name calling. It makes us all look very geeky, very child like and very pathetic.

Yes let's by not starting posts calling him certain names ???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Oooh. Is anyone going to run a book on whether this becomes a group hug thread or a putting the boot in on anyone who raises their head above the parapet thread?

For what it's worth...

I miss Gulls Eye.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
you're making yourself look stupid harty.

i've always been one of your supporters, you've done a great deal for this club, and when i can listen, i enjoy the phone in... but making snide, petty remarks at people is a wee bit silly don't you think?

if it is indeed 'justified', (which a lot of it doesn't appear to be) then don't sink to there level.

at least we ALL seem to agree that south stand zealot, is a TWAT :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I had a feeling South Stand Zealot was Alan Golds! :D:D

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Harty, why don't you just get together with THPP and TGC, shake hands, have a drink and talk football. I'm sure they're good blokes.
I think it would probably be wise to apologise to Lush, present her with some flowers and a bottle of good wine and then, as they say, we will be able to move on.

Last edited:

Onwards and upwards :lolol: :drink:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Note to Harty: If you are that unhappy about NSC then don't come here anymore. It's not as if anyone not on NSC cares about what is said on here anyway.

Note to everyone else: If you are unhappy with phone in, don't listen to it. The clubs press department are more than capable of monitoring it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ian, many of us appreciate the top job you have done in the past and continue to do. It really doesnt matter what literaly a tiny handful of people on here think of you, ignoring them is definately the best policy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Harty

You have nothing to apologise for and should not be expected to.

I regard Lush and TH etc as friends as well as fellow abion fans and at the end of the day we will all Die as Albion fans. ( probably helped into the other side by your good self)

We need a fair and balanced argument about our club, be it Yorkie who thinks the sun shines out of Dicks arse ( sorry Yorkie) or Bend Grandad who thinks Dick is the antichrist. If it wasn't for the likes of you and Peter, Atilla and Paul S, our club would be DEAD. Simple as.

There are a lot of people who think that they are somehow spokesmen for the rest of us and if you go round the ground, you will find that not everyone has even heard of NSC.....as i said before too many people take themselves far too seriously...at the end of the day, it is a football team we support....no-one dies...no-one kills anyone......

As far as I am concerned you do a bloody good job and I for one will continue to phone in and contribute.

It os very simple...if you dont like Harty, then dont listen, dont switch on and listen to 606 where all you get is Liverpool fans bleating about being 5th in the premiership!!!! pathetic isnt it?

Hatyy's no 1 fan ( and just having drunk a couple of bottles of wine:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: )

lets draw a line under this please

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Look, at the end of the day if you don't like Harty's presentation listen to 606 on Five Live instead.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thats what i just said you plagurist

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here