Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Low Life Trash That Abused Ashley Barnes & His Family In The Street

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Was speaking in the North Stand concourse after the game with one of Ashley Barnes longtime friends. AB is out of contract in the Summer and is seriously thinking of moving on. He loves the club and loves the area as a place to live and bring up kids, but is thinking of jacking it in on account of low life trash (my words) telling him to f*** Off in the street while he's out with his wife and toddler. And who could blame him. Nobody needs that. Especially when they are following team orders to the letter in a position that is alien to them.

To aforesaid low life trash I'd say:

a) You don't reflect the opinion of 99% of Albion fans
b) You almost certainly never went to Withdean
c) You are bang out of order - tho WAY too shitferbrains to ever realise it

Keep on doing what you're doing Ashley, you're the best value for money striker we have by a country MILE! :thumbsup:

Think you are bull shitting. No Brighton fan would ever say that towards a Brighton player. Attention seeking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think you are bull shitting. No Brighton fan would ever say that towards a Brighton player. Attention seeking.

Bollocks. Think what you like mate. Don't really care.

To be fair, had never met the bloke before but was introduced by a mutual friend. They both go to away games regularly on the supporters club coaches.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not good to hear, need to show our support more than ever if this is true, cant lose Barnes as hes a good guy and an important part of the team.

Just out of curiosity, do we know if the players ever read forums like this ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Bit harsh! Although why a life long friend of Aashley Barnes would be in the North Stand concourse? The players lounge and bar is designed for such associates

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
We must deal with these morons, not sure best way but we can sing our hearts out for ash - especially when the abuse starts . I have to say ash does not deserve this abuse, it is too shocking for words, agree with pretty much all the sentiments on this thread.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
His song was being sung to great effect at the station after the game, and on the train back to Haywards Heath from Lewes. Excellent show of support. I would echo exactly what THPP says: without Ashley's goals last season, we would be travelling to Rochdale, Exeter (however nice it is I don't think I fancy standing on five shallow steps or sitting in a tumble down wooden shed again), Hartlepool and Carlisle again. Thanks, I've done all that. And Ashley's goals have played a very large role in that. As for the person who insulted him in the presence of his wife and child, please go and do the same in the presence of Adam El Abd. I won't waste keystrokes on giving a description for the person concerned. He/she isn't worth it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Matthew Sparrow has had the same sort of abuse in the street.

It's very sad, but they don't represent the majority. All clubs have this sort of problem, some fans just have nothing else in life. :nono:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Not getting to the AMEX too often, I was shocked and perplexed by the abuse Barnes got throughout the Ipswich game a couple of weeks ago. The guys behind me were giving him stick at every opportunity and had to hide their embarrassment when I gestured at them after Ashley's first goal.

The point is these were apparently well spoken, reasonably educated fans - not meatheads by any stretch of the imagination. They (and others) don't seem to grasp the fact that Barnes is playing out of position and following the manager's instructions. Poyet should be the one they abuse not Barnes - he sets the team up that way.

I just don't get the mindset of people who need to find a scapegoat when we're having our best season for twenty years.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The opinion that matters....

Gus Poyet - who picks him

Everyone else - who knows nothing

albionman

May 22, 2004
Sayers Common
I agree Austrian Gull. I had a couple of real meatheads behind me today though. Same sentiment, probably worse language.

People like that always find 'scapegoats' because they are looking for one. Be it Barnes or Wilkins or Codner or etc. etc. God knows why we need a scapegoat now but..

I don't why they do it , I just wish they wouldn't do it near me.

We had a 'Singing Section' at Withdean, we have a 'Family Stand' now. May I suggest we have a "Whingeing Stand" for all those morons who just want to criticise a particular player ? I vote we build it in Stamner Park. They can all congregate there on match day and moan to their hearts content and leave the rest of us in peace.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ash is my 8 year old's fave player and my lad was starstruck when he bumped into him at Amex pre-season. That is all!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Was speaking in the North Stand concourse after the game with one of Ashley Barnes longtime friends. AB is out of contract in the Summer and is seriously thinking of moving on. He loves the club and loves the area as a place to live and bring up kids, but is thinking of jacking it in on account of low life trash (my words) telling him to f*** Off in the street while he's out with his wife and toddler. And who could blame him. Nobody needs that. Especially when they are following team orders to the letter in a position that is alien to them.

To aforesaid low life trash I'd say:

a) You don't reflect the opinion of 99% of Albion fans
b) You almost certainly never went to Withdean
c) You are bang out of order - tho WAY too shitferbrains to ever realise it

Keep on doing what you're doing Ashley, you're the best value for money striker we have by a country MILE! :thumbsup:
Spot on. Football is all about opinions and NSC is a great place for them to be aired - but they should stay on here.

If the story's true I'm guessing the utter wanker who did it is the sort of person who thinks the characters of Eastenders are actually real people, and that players on a football team are just glorified avatars who are little more than extensions of a video game and thus can be insulted with impunity as they're not real people. Can't think of any other reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here