Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Low Life Trash That Abused Ashley Barnes & His Family In The Street

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sadly i can believe this would lead to him considering his future here. he might see it as the tip of an iceberg, you only have to read NSC to see alot of negativity towards him, he must get wind of that and also hear the unnecessary negative comments on the pitch.

i cant fathom it tbh. he's one our best players, top scorer and puts a shift in doing what he is told. who the f*** can judge him as poor or shit? obviously those not inclinded to notice the subtlies of football, those who want 4, f***ing 4, f***ing 2.

however, it reminds me of another player, used to get slated all the time here and from the stands. critisied for being out of position, when thats where the manager told them to play, chastised for minor mistakes when covering failings of others, and generally were we told by some was a 4th teir hoofer. that player is El Abd, and lucky for us he ignored the drivel and has come to show he is an immense defender. I hope Barnes sticks around too.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really hoping that this is not true. Not saying you've made it up Tom Hark, just been told some made up BS.

We need an Ashley Barnes BANNER made up for the Derby game

sadly i can believe this would lead to him considering his future here. he might see it as the tip of an iceberg, you only have to read NSC to see alot of negativity towards him, he must get wind of that and also hear the unnecessary negative comments on the pitch.

however, it reminds me of another player, used to get slated all the time here and from the stands. critisied for being out of position, when thats where the manager told them to play, chastised for minor mistakes when covering failings of others, and generally were we told by some was a 4th teir hoofer. that player is El Abd, and lucky for us he ignored the drivel and has come to show he is an immense defender. I hope Barnes sticks around too.

Adam told me, at the time, that he didn't read North Stand Chat.
AeA does stand as an example to Barnesy, and he ought to look to his team-mate for how club legends are made.

Players get abuse in any club, I bet even the Lineakers and Gerrards got some stick from fans somewhere, in their earlier careers especially.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
he got a lot of support from the north stand today....more than most players actually

didn't hear much moaning either

Most in the North stand were too stunned by his howler to say anything at one point! I think he's great, the same opinion I have about every Brighton player, they all make mistakes every now and then but so do all footballers. As long as they look like they're trying I'm pretty satisfied.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I don't understand why people need to abuse our players like this. Honestly it makes me cringe when I hear people moaning out loud about in the stands.
If a player is having a bad time, it should go no further. Let's get behind them and not slag them off people, you know who you are.

This.

It was probably someone who has the "I pay for a season ticket, I'm entitled to moan" attitude. :tosser:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It's bad that he had been abused in the street like this, but surely it's part of being a modern footballer.

They are famous. With fame comes the inevitable jealousy and haters, and these people will let their feelings be known in modern society (as there is little to stop them.)

Perhaps he should stop being so sensitive about it, ignore the dickheads on the street and listen to Gus, the coaching staff and the fans singing his name at the ground.

Just a thought.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Absolute dickheads. I really do hope the part about him thinking of leaving is wrong. I don't care how crap anyone is on the pitch, abusing them in front of their family is bang out of order. I hear that Jamie o Hara got knocked down by Wolves fans, whilst carrying his child today. What is this world coming too?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
these people are trash , ashley barnes is a young, proffessional player who has been picked out as a possible standout player by a professional football manager.........any plank who is dense enough to have a negative attitude towards ashley barnes , so much so as to verbally attack him in the street whilst he is out shopping with his family , has got tobe an utter , utter shit for brains twatt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here