Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: Joey Deacon's Disco Suit - Palace Away tickets

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Silly forgetful little Nigel forgets so easily. We've been down this road before. I spoke to his boss, Chief Inspector Alan Goodall at the Met who confirmed that the police had made absolutely no requests or restrictions on away ticket allocation. It was entirely the decision of your board. You even contributed on the thread. Maybe your board were shit scared of us turning Selhurst blue and white or maybe it was just petulance. You'll have to ask your board that.

Here's the link for all you stay-away not-so-loyal Palace fans. Ticket allocation for the Palace game - the Met's response - Page 4

http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2012/april_2012/2012020000651.pdf

Page 4.

Police requested that Brighton's allocation was 2600, not Palace. Appears your Police mate (snide), was wrong on that front.

And there are some quality quotes in there.

"Normal Brighton fans will be problematic on this day"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"The Club advised that there would be a 'Beamback' of this fixture to the Amex Stadium, Brighton"

What happened there?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Can't wait for next seasons episode. Your lot getting locked in the stand again for your own safety and the IRON WALL :lol:
It's like living on the Gaza Strip!

I'll give your Police some credit, everyone behaved themselves before the game in Brighton despite mixing in pubs beforehand. We went in 4 or 5 different pubs from Town Centre to the Marina and had no trouble.

Think the Police need to learn that if you want trouble, you'll find it, no matter what they plan.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"It was stated that Brighton supporters do have a tendency of invading the pitch."

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Maybe the odd person going a bit wild in celebration and going/falling over advertising boards after we've scored an important goal, but can't say we're any worse than any other club since the Goldstone protests?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Maybe the odd person going a bit wild in celebration and going/falling over advertising boards after we've scored an important goal, but can't say we're any worse than any other club since the Goldstone protests?

In recent times (3/4 years) off the top of my head:

-Man City in the League Cup.
-Stockport at Withdean.
-Dagenham at Withdean.
-Walsall Away.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Thinking about it we did go through that stage at the start of the season where dick heads kept running on the pitch. Was just individuals though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
"The Club advised that there would be a 'Beamback' of this fixture to the Amex Stadium, Brighton"

What happened there?

Believe it was planned, but was deemed too expensive by the club and would of barely broke even.

Was there a Football Special back to Brighton?

We should've had one back to Croydon from the Amex, would've saved a lot of time and effort!

Was a special train from Norwood Jct to Brighton, dont think there was one from Falmer for you lot, but considering what happened when Millwall were given one (it was barely used), it depends if the demand is there.

Jan 12, 2012
That doesn't surprise me one little bit, and the club wanted to give you 3000, but the police refused the request. I wonder what the police will allow you for next season ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Tut tut joey :glare: all those pms you sent me, regarding it ,as well ???

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not enough interest from the new 'fans'

Yes. Plastic fans would give up the time, effort and cost involved in a season ticket but not the £10 and 1 evening of a beam back. Do you get bored with failing at every attempt to undermine our support? Must stick in the teeth that we're going to have twice as many season ticket holders as you next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here