Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do a search. It's not that far back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or just tell him it was Lord B.

Off the mark and somebody far far more respected.

Nobody on this board has any divine right to respect, you stick your oar in, and if it gets snapped off, then tough. If you are 'respected', then those who respect you will come to your support and stick up for you on their own.

Personally, I don't want posters to be influenced by 'mateyness' on here, so that they do anything more than agree or disagree with each posted comment as they are. I tend not to remember most NSC names of people as they respond, anyway.

At the moment, there is less cliqueyness than there ever was on North Stand Chat - which is a good thing imo.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Harty's opinions off the air are much more entertaining than the ones he is allowed to say on it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Have to agree that I'd like to hear more about opinions of the game rather than some of the other stuff. Don't know how they select which callers to have on, but those who were at the game should take priority.

And yes I have called and been on a few times and yes I stick to talking about the game.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I really really dispise these threads on here - it really is as simple as to call in and talk about the game if thats what you want.

These threads continually disintergrate into pot shots at various people, and the deconstruction of the minutae of their posts. We all have our faults and failings, Harty does the best he can, sometimes falls on the side of being over passionate and falls foul of certain people, but the alternative is NOTHING AT ALL!! Yorkie doesn't deserve the continual nit picking and pointed jibes she gets, and people should honestly just pipe down sometimes!!

Jeesh you guys!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have to agree that I'd like to hear more about opinions of the game rather than some of the other stuff. Don't know how they select which callers to have on, but those who were at the game should take priority.

And yes I have called and been on a few times and yes I stick to talking about the game.

there is no selection....the format is, you ring in, Colon takes your number, he rings you back and Ian is given by Sophia( the domestic Goddess) a list of people waiting. He doest chose who comes on, it is literally whoever is next in line.

That is why people like ever so funny Hugo get on.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
anyone turn up for the u13 ladies team training in worthing on sunday morning?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I must have missed all the vindictive personal abuse that Harty dishes out. He always seems harmless enough to me, but he's obviously evil.

As for BBC standards ... do you ever listen to or watch Jonathan Ross, Chris Moyles, any of the current panel shows? They make Harty look like a pussycat.

The dislike of Harty on this board is inexplicable to me. Aren't there more deserving targets?

I agree.

It's hardly his fault that the quality of the callers is often so poor.

Long may we have a phone in dedicated to OUR club.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nobody on this board has any divine right to respect, you stick your oar in, and if it gets snapped off, then tough. If you are 'respected', then those who respect you will come to your support and stick up for you on their own.

Personally, I don't want posters to be influenced by 'mateyness' on here, so that they do anything more than agree or disagree with each posted comment as they are. I tend not to remember most NSC names of people as they respond, anyway.

At the moment, there is less cliqueyness than there ever was on North Stand Chat - which is a good thing imo.

Nail - Head.

You and I have had some right old ding dongs of late, but I realise where you're coming from - I completely disagree about some things, completely agree about others. Long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here