Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Ian Hart

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If they had two good presenters they would have no trouble filling in the gaps between calls.

so what is wrong with johnny byrne then oh sage of seaford? it is the harty and jb show, or havent you been listening recently?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like the phone in and fortunately another NSC person arranges the podcast if at away games.

Be grateful for small mercies

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have listened to the phone in many times. Sometimes it is good, Other times it is horrid.

The main issue is, is that if you don't vote don't moan. In other words, if you do not phone in, and trust me on this, you will not get on the radio.

I have been on the phone in three times in the last three years, and I have just simply waited in the queue. My views and opinions may be wrong, but hey, that's football.

Please don't moan at the people, who are after all fans, about the phone in. It is an hour long programme. They are doing a public service for the following. The fans that could make it, and those that cannot. For me, Harty and DTG provide a service that I could not. If you think you or a neighbour could do better then let the BBC know, and not via this board.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Does that give him the right to snipe at other fans on the air?
It depends on the defintion that you put on "snipe" I suppose.
If it means shoot down their opinions from a hidden vantage point (stealing here from the military definition of a sniper) then yes I believe he has that right .... but he's hardly hidden is he? and anyone can call in and challenge him.
If, however, you are using the word "snipe" to mean something more sinister i.e. snidey (sp?) - underhand etc then, obviously, no he doesn't have that right. Then of course it comes to an opinion as to whether or not you think he's behaving like that - and I don't.
Suggest that you're probably best off sticking to not listening?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I only turn on hoping for another Mark McCammon moment, that was the best ever phone in. Have a go at one of the out of favour players Harty and maybe we'll get another player phoning. I somehow doubt that many are as articulate as McCammon was that evening as he had Harty backpeddling

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It depends on the defintion that you put on "snipe" I suppose.
If it means shoot down their opinions from a hidden vantage point (stealing here from the military definition of a sniper) then yes I believe he has that right .... but he's hardly hidden is he? and anyone can call in and challenge him.
If, however, you are using the word "snipe" to mean something more sinister i.e. snidey (sp?) - underhand etc then, obviously, no he doesn't have that right. Then of course it comes to an opinion as to whether or not you think he's behaving like that - and I don't.
Suggest that you're probably best off sticking to not listening?

I don't listen any more but you only have to go back a couple of weeks to see that Hart did behave exactly like that to a fan quite well known to all of us. It was psoted on Nsc.
It is using a position of privilege to insult and even, may I say, slander people.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
would you all rather go back to the 30 sec updates during the game ????
I would think that if the phone-in goes the commentary would follow.....Why moan if you got something to say phone him up and say it!!!!!!!! ffs
football is all about opinions and it would be fecking boring if we all agreed with each other so let all get over it and worry about the team

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I don't listen any more but you only have to go back a couple of weeks to see that Hart did behave exactly like that to a fan quite well known to all of us. It was psoted on Nsc.
It is using a position of privilege to insult and even, may I say, slander people.

Are you referring to his comments on Richie Morris's comments about Michel? If so I agree with Harty.
Or did I miss something else?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Are you referring to his comments on Richie Morris's comments about Michel? If so I agree with Harty.
Or did I miss something else?

You missed something else. At least twice if not more.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
This board is full of abuse and sniping. Why are people able to accept that but then get so hot under the collar when something similar takes place on local radio? Harty has opinions, a sense of humour and remarkably thick skin. Others should consider cultivating these attributes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
so what is wrong with johnny byrne then oh sage of seaford? it is the harty and jb show, or havent you been listening recently?

I was listening Dave, Byrne is a bit of a muppet though. The show was better yesterday because the calls were better. Ian and John hardly interact though do they.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This board is full of abuse and sniping. Why are people able to accept that but then get so hot under the collar when something similar takes place on local radio? Harty has opinions, a sense of humour and remarkably thick skin. Others should consider cultivating these attributes.

If people log in to Nsc they know what to expect. It isn't heard (read) all over Sussex like local radio. People can also reply. Some fans have found out afterwards what Ian has said about them.
The BBC has standards that their presenters have to adhere to.

Last edited:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If people log in to Nsc they know what to expect. It isn't heard (read) all over Sussex like local radio. People can also reply. Some fans have found out afterwards what Ian has said about them.
The BBC has standards that their presenters have to adhere to.

I must have missed all the vindictive personal abuse that Harty dishes out. He always seems harmless enough to me, but he's obviously evil.

As for BBC standards ... do you ever listen to or watch Jonathan Ross, Chris Moyles, any of the current panel shows? They make Harty look like a pussycat.

The dislike of Harty on this board is inexplicable to me. Aren't there more deserving targets?

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
You missed something else. At least twice if not more.

And I've still missed it unless you care to be a bit more specific.
Perhaps the problem is that I miss the programmes broadcast on away match days (for obvious reasons) and I lose the prog on the car radio by the time we get to J9 on the M25 after home games - so Harty may not have got into his stride by then.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Perhaps the problem is that I miss the programmes broadcast on away match days (for obvious reasons) and I lose the prog on the car radio by the time we get to J9 on the M25 after home games - so Harty may not have got into his stride by then.

He made a near slanderous comment about a certain poster who is both well respected on this board and by the club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Somebody usually starts a thread during the phone in to complain about what has been said but there is nothing about yesterdays phone in so presumably everybody agreed with what was said

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Try retuning to 104.8fm You can sometimes pick it up on there.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
He made a near slanderous comment about a certain poster who is both well respected on this board and by the club

Thanks - obviously no is going to be more specific at the moment but you may have taken me closer to dragging up something that I vaguely heard. Did this reference that said respected poster implied that DW should be replaced or am I way off of the mark again? If I am then I'll give up guessing and remain in ignorance unless someone tells me the specifics.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Off the mark and somebody far far more respected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here