Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Glenn Murray

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Law 11 - Offside

Offside Position

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent
A player is not in an offside position if:
he is in his own half of the fi eld of play or
he is level with the second last opponent or
he is level with the last two opponents
Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or
interfering with an opponent or
gaining an advantage by being in that position
No Offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick or
a throw-in or
a corner kick
Infringements/Sanctions

For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

Decisions of the International F.A. Board

Decision 1

In the definition of offside position, "nearer to his opponents’ goal line" means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition.

Decision 2

The definitions of elements of involvement in active play are as follows:

Interfering with play means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

Interfering with an opponent means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Gaining an advantage by being in that position means playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or the crossbar having been in an offside position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having been in an offside position.

You are a QUALITY player but pleeerrrlllleeeeaaassseeee learn them rules IZZUNIT

Must have passed your half century of offsides for the club already!!

Love You x :kiss:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
FAO mendoza10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bog off and don't be so bloody cocky.

Listen to what Dean Wilkins has to say about most of the offside decisions given against us at Forest and Leeds after he had looked at the match videos.

B.H.A. Brady

Sussex by the Sea!
Mar 29, 2008
Sussex
I just find the offside rule is getting more and more complicated that in the end it will be pointless!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
FAO mendoza10

Bog off and don't be so bloody cocky.

Listen to what Dean Wilkins has to say about most of the offside decisions given against us at Forest and Leeds after he had looked at the match videos.

I was saying this about Murray before these two games, and from the angle I was at in the stand at both games, I have no idea if he was offside or not, and dont have the technology to watch the replays at home or work

as I said, quality player, but it is frustrating when he is usually needlessly offside :)

Is "Murray's offside" the new "Robinson bottles tackles"?

:yawn:

Never thought of that, but it wont be, as Murray tries his hardest, and therefore goes down well in my book :thumbsup:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Law 11 - Offside

Offside Position

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
he is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent
A player is not in an offside position if:
he is in his own half of the fi eld of play or
he is level with the second last opponent or
he is level with the last two opponents
Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

interfering with play or
interfering with an opponent or
gaining an advantage by being in that position
No Offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick or
a throw-in or
a corner kick
Infringements/Sanctions

For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

Decisions of the International F.A. Board

Decision 1

In the definition of offside position, "nearer to his opponents’ goal line" means that any part of his head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition.

Decision 2

The definitions of elements of involvement in active play are as follows:

Interfering with play means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate.

Interfering with an opponent means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

Gaining an advantage by being in that position means playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or the crossbar having been in an offside position or playing a ball that rebounds to him off an opponent having been in an offside position.

You are a QUALITY player but pleeerrrlllleeeeaaassseeee learn them rules IZZUNIT

Must have passed your half century of offsides for the club already!!

Love You x :kiss:

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt here because you haven't seen the wide video our performance analyst shoots from the gantry, because we have and some of the offsides given against us yesterday were scandalous, including one when Muzza got into the box in the second half and was pushed for a nailed on penalty only to be given offside when he was on by a good yard. And Coxy who broke clear on the halfway line only to be given off when he was three yards on, or in the first half when Coxy again was given off when he started his run in our half.

So you know what you can do with your rules lesson..........send it to the f***ing lino pal and the ref.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Squawk! Pretty Polly!

At Least He's Getting Into Positions Where He Can Be Caught Offside Every Three Minutes.

Squawk! Pieces Of Eight!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Squawk! Pretty Polly!

At Least He's Getting Into Positions Where He Can Be Caught Offside Every Three Minutes.

Squawk! Pieces Of Eight!

Van Nistelrooy - got into the positions, was offside a lot. Scored more than he misses.
COST: £19 million

Murray - gets into the positions, was offside a lot. Scored a handful of goals so far, missed more.
COST: 300k

What the hell were you expecting? He's a class act, but if he was the finished article we wouldn't be signing him from bloody Rochdale!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He looked pretty knackered against Swindon. I am pretty sure he is playing more football than he has done in the past. We really need to sort out a decent backup or give someone else a regular spot to take the pressure off Murray and Forster.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What the hell were you expecting? He's a class act, but if he was the finished article we wouldn't be signing him from bloody Rochdale!!

Yeah, and if it wasn't for Forster doing the business in March and firing the club into the play-offs you wouldn't be blindly defending his piss-poor contribution this month.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Cognoscenti have found a new target. Something else to whinge about.

I am not targetting or whinging, it is just frustrating - I dont go to all these games to have a whinge - what is the point, I even got in trouble with a steward for having a go at the Wilkins out brigade.

I cant praise Murray enough, our season has changed since he has arrived, and we are looking good for a Play Off challenge :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah, and if it wasn't for Forster doing the business in March and firing the club into the play-offs you wouldn't be blindly defending his piss-poor contribution this month.

Or maybe I wasn't stupid enough to think we were getting 'the new Zamora', and have been quietly impressed with his performances. TEN times the player Revell was.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm more worried about some of his dodgy finishing, a fair amount of the offsides have been blatantly wrong (not just yesterday). But we've all seen the class he's got, he'll come good.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But you say that a player doesn't even know the rules, when it has already been said by a club employee that he wasn't offside at least 3 times yesterday when the decision went against him.

Mind you, there's no point in whinging about linesmen or referees either. Sometimes we get the rub and sometimes we don't.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sorry Yorkie, but only the happy-clappy brigade would be happy with Murray's contribution this month.
If you only view his 'contribution' by his goals then yes, he's been terrible.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry Yorkie, but only the happy-clappy brigade would be happy with Murray's contribution this month.

Sorry Tom but you love to have a player to post about -
either a thumbs up or slating them. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here