Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO - Ernest the One Trick Pony

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
alan partridge said:
what crew? you sound like alan partridge; 'your lot'

i don't agree with you berkshire, thats fine, but what i don't like is that you seem to base a lot of your opinions on rumour and hearsay. you seem to get pissed off when people on here question your opinions and you reckon people don't like your point of view cos

'the fact that i stick to my guns and carry on is what pisses you all off.'

thats rubbish. nsc is all about debate. surely your not getting pissed off cos the 'crew' have argued their case better?
???
Your crew is the dick is god crew and as you would have noticed im not one of them although i don't dislike the bloke.
If you wanna carry then im always up for it and very rarely back down.:p

Face the facts the money which comes into this club has been a shambles for decades and 1.5 million in 6 years is not goner get us anywhere is it.:smokin:
Although yes fair play to dick for putting up his own money,but more money is needed and i don't believe there is no way of getting a bit of money.
You lot go on as if we are talking a couple of million,well we are not as we need decent players end of it.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
tadley gull said:
Berkshire, I hope u do still come 'cos I was hoping to meet you and Farang.

There's does seem to be a certain amount of 'closed-mindedness' with DK, mainly because he kept us alive in '97 and we rightly remember that. But he shouldn't be allowed to dine on that forever, and he has staked his reputation on a 'Falmer or bust' policy.

I don't think everything he's done has been for the good of the club, Hinshelwood's appointment being the main cock-up, and I don't think he took account of the impact that relegation would have on his popularity,or our chances of getting Falmer.

I don't like the massive season ticket increases, but I can see we have a problem with limited income. It does piss me off that there doesn't seem to be much leeway for new players: I had hoped some of the BZ transfer money could be used.

However, with the result of the Public Enquiry due in the next couple of months I am prepared to sit tight and stick with Dick. Like all Albion fans I am hoping for the right result.

Keep posting your opinions, everyone is entitled to their own point of view: I'll buy you a beer on the 29th.

:)
Beers will never stop and there will be another time:drink: ;)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ernest said:
You're wrong the club sold tickets for the 1998/99 season saying they would be playing at Withdean and then offered a little bit of compo to make up for the f*** up.
So before you have a dig check your facts or haven't you been a fan that long ?

Indeed I did buy a season ticket for 1998/99 expecting to be seeing us at Withdean, but it wasn't to be despite the best efforts of the club. They did offer some compo in return, but essentially I paid for a seat at Withdean for the season, but stood on the terrace at Priestfield for a season.

Yet, I didn't feel 'cheated' or that DK had taken the money from me under false pretences, that was just how it happened. I saw no value in kicking up a fuss or demanding money back as the club I love needs that money, and didn't deliberately take it off me under false pretences.

I dunno, maybe it was just me, or maybe it's what comes with being a fan.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ernest said:
Not half as boring as you trying to make out you're some sort of expert when you're a complete fuckwit and probably Potless himself :D

Oh dear, it's time for me to order a huge helping of humble pie and start eating.

I have been guilty of suggesting on another thread that those trying to slag off DK are incapable of putting together an intelligent and coherant argument.

But after that post Earnest, I stand corrected.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here