Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Bozza

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did ya not read the post, i said if ya want to keep a good relationship with the police ya would hand it over, if ya dont they will get it one way or the other.

The same really if a policeman wants to come into your house, if ya got nothing to hide why hinder them?

Not at all saying Bozza has done what wookie has said.

Police will look on this forum to see what were up 2 and talking about.

I did, but you are being a div. I work with large hosting companies etc, and they do not just handover details to the police, they ignore them until a suitable enforcement notice is provided, so I am assuming Bozza would do the same. Bozza has said he does not do this, so what is the problem ?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I did, but you are being a div. I work with large hosting companies etc, and they do not just handover details to the police, they ignore them until a suitable enforcement notice is provided, so I am assuming Bozza would do the same. Bozza has said he does not do this, so what is the problem ?

i have no problem?

I am not saying Bozza would hand it over never have once, i am saying to if the police come to him and ask him for them with an enforcement notice i wouldnt blame him for handing them over as i feel ya wanna keep the authority's on side, if you want to make it difficult for them then they will just make it difficult for you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely then, but the suggestion was that Bozza just hands out details willynilly, at least the impression I got.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If i've got nothing to hide then yes i would.

Rather trusting of the authorities then ? They have to obtain warrants for a very good reason - to ensure proper checks and measures are adhered to. I wouldn't allow anyone to search my house without the proper warrant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's be clear: unless you are very, very, very technically skilled you are not anonymous when you post on NSC - nomatter what email address you registered from nor what device you use to post on here. So, if someone with access to NSC logs wanted to find out who you are, they almost certainly could.

I'm not sure how long I've been running NSC - 10 years? More? Anyway, in all that time, I've never been asked by any police force to provide details on any NSC user.

Would I do it? Probably - I'm certainly not going to put myself or my family at risk because of something that someone I probably don't even know has posted on NSC. But it would be a last resort. And, if it came to it, I'd encourage the NSC user to contact the police on their own terms - I really would prefer to not be involved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting. You post a concern you have publicly instead of via a PM. Bozza denies it and equally asks YOU to be frank and public with a name, yet you haven't got the stones to back it up publicly, but instead send a PM like a f***ing coward.

Are you one of these cünts who like a bit of aggro as long as numbers are on your side?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rather trusting of the authorities then ? They have to obtain warrants for a very good reason - to ensure proper checks and measures are adhered to. I wouldn't allow anyone to search my house without the proper warrant.

For what it's worth, there are very common circumstances under which the police can easily and legally search your house without a warrant, by using force if necessary.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm not sure exactly how it would reply to an internet forum, but in the business I work in - and one in which we regularly get requests from the Police and Home Office for information on customers - we must be supplied with a formal request from the authorities making a request under the Data Protection Act and stating why they need this information. Even then, we do not need to legally supply this information to them. The only time we have to oblige is when there is a mandatory court order produced by the Police requesting the information.

Let's be clear: unless you are very, very, very technically skilled you are not anonymous when you post on NSC - nomatter what email address you registered from nor what device you use to post on here. So, if someone with access to NSC logs wanted to find out who you are, they almost certainly could. ..............
Would I do it? Probably - I'm certainly not going to put myself or my family at risk because of something that someone I probably don't even know has posted on NSC. But it would be a last resort. And, if it came to it, I'd encourage the NSC user to contact the police on their own terms - I really would prefer to not be involved.
You can't argue with that. I think this thread should be a warning to those who make potentially litigious posts that they should take more responsibility for their actions and not expect Bozza to cover their arses.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Seriously? You would let the police in your own home without a search warrant?
I did. There was a 'misunderstanding' once (don't ask for details as I'm not going to give them) and two police officers turned up at my house, said why they'd come, and asked if they could have a look round. They didn't show me a warrant and I didn't ask for one; I knew I had nothing to hide so I was polite and courteous to them (I made them a cup of tea!) and they were polite and courteous to me. About an hour or so later they thanked me profusely for being so co-operative and left. The 'misunderstanding' got cleared up.

Had they come in all Billy Big-bollocks I might have made more of a fuss and demanded to see a warrant, but as I said they were extremely polite.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no idea what any of this is about, but I was under the impression that the data protection act would ensure that personal details are not handed over to anyone. I would think the police would have to put a request in writing to get details from NSC ?.

Not that I have anything to hide, I wouldn't happily tell anyone what they wanted to know within reason.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK maybe this bit covers the police thing

Data must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the individual whom it is about, unless there is legislation or other overriding legitimate reason to share the information (for example, the prevention or detection of crime). It is an offence for Other Parties to obtain this personal data without authorisation.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Oy. Wookie. I know your name, what you look like, what town you live in and your job.

You've got a link to your Twitter account which has your name and photo on it and you've said previously on NSC where you live and what you work is. I'm guessing that's all the detective work your stalker needed to do.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Interesting. You post a concern you have publicly instead of via a PM. Bozza denies it and equally asks YOU to be frank and public with a name, yet you haven't got the stones to back it up publicly, but instead send a PM like a f***ing coward.

Are you one of these cünts who like a bit of aggro as long as numbers are on your side?

Bozza said he doesn't pass details so there was no point me posting the name of the person. Bozza was sent a pm and he replied. Bit harsh with insults I think

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I did. There was a 'misunderstanding' once (don't ask for details as I'm not going to give them) and two police officers turned up at my house, said why they'd come, and asked if they could have a look round. They didn't show me a warrant and I didn't ask for one; I knew I had nothing to hide so I was polite and courteous to them (I made them a cup of tea!) and they were polite and courteous to me. About an hour or so later they thanked me profusely for being so co-operative and left. The 'misunderstanding' got cleared up.

Had they come in all Billy Big-bollocks I might have made more of a fuss and demanded to see a warrant, but as I said they were extremely polite.

totally agree with u Brovion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here