Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Atilla: Withdean Music

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just a quick one and it may just be a matter of opinion, is there any chance we could have some more upbeat music before kick-off?

Normally, it pretty good but yesterday I arrived to Amy Winehouse and Back to Black and the Easy Like Sunday Morn. Both good songs in their own right but it made me want to weep with despair at the misery of life.

Not a criticism, more a matter of personal preference.

:albion2:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yes Mr. Stockbroker. Could we have 'Tom Hark', 'Chelsea Dagger', 'Pigbag' . . . hold it, haven't we just done this?

I remember 'Mouldy Old Dough' by Lieutenant Pigeon before the bangers came out at Arlington.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes Mr. Stockbroker. Could we have 'Tom Hark', 'Chelsea Dagger', 'Pigbag' . . . hold it, haven't we just done this?

I remember 'Mouldy Old Dough' by Lieutenant Pigeon before the bangers came out at Arlington.

I've just had to do a Google search for Chelsea Dagger as I'd never heard of it. Now that I've heard it, I'm still none the wiser, it's a new one on me.

I think Attila's on a loser here. People moaned when he played punk stuff - he plays something different and they still moan - let's face it, there's not a DJ alive who can play stuff that appeals to everyone in the ground.

And to the OP, who thinks that the rather upbeat and optimistic Easy like Sunday Morning is song about misery of life - don't ever listen to Leonard Cohen, I don't think you'll be able to cope :lolol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I also noted the playing of Easy Like Sunday Morning close to kick off on Saturday and presumed it was played with more than a touch of irony. A poor choice whatever the intention!

Am also presuming the music at Falmer (appreciating on a much better PA system) will be more like the build up to kick off at the Millenium for the play off final where it helped raise the excitement to fever pitch.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Easy like Sunday morning, my guess, was neither planned or Atilla's doing. I would guess from the other choices he wasn't there.

Further for some reason the teams came out late and I guess someone had to go with a spur of the moment extra song. Doesn't exactly whip the crowd into a pre-match frenzy does it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here