Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Atilla: Withdean Music

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It WAS me playing the music Sat.
I've given up playing punk stuff for a bit to give the people who liked the punk stuff the chance to moan 'cos I've stopped playing it :)
I played Amy Winehouse cos she ticks all the boxes people who DON'T like the punk stuff say they want: recent, in the charts, mainstream. And, in my opinion, GOOD. On record. Live, if Glasto was anything to go by, she makes GG Allin seem like Cliff Richard!
As fot Easy, the ref was so late bringing the teams out the record before ran out, I dashed to put something else on, thought it was 'God is a DJ' but the CDs were in the wrong sleeves.
Mendoza chose 'Get It On though, which is just ace.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Fair enough on the Easy c*ck up.

On Mendoza's choice, thought he would have chosen Enrique Iglesias – Hero (well 1 of 149 heroes) or The Stranglers No More (than 149) Heroes!!

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Thank feck you weren't playing the xx bollocks. I'd rather hear some 70s softsational cheese rock ("Sailing" by Christopher Cross) anyday over modern rubbish.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It WAS me playing the music Sat.
I've given up playing punk stuff for a bit to give the people who liked the punk stuff the chance to moan 'cos I've stopped playing it :)
I played Amy Winehouse cos she ticks all the boxes people who DON'T like the punk stuff say they want: recent, in the charts, mainstream. And, in my opinion, GOOD. On record. Live, if Glasto was anything to go by, she makes GG Allin seem like Cliff Richard!
As fot Easy, the ref was so late bringing the teams out the record before ran out, I dashed to put something else on, thought it was 'God is a DJ' but the CDs were in the wrong sleeves.
Mendoza chose 'Get It On though, which is just ace.

Get that punk stuff back on now!!!!!!:tantrum:

and when you going to play the Pistols !!!!!!!!, :shrug:

10 years plus ay the Withdean and only heard PV and HITS :bowdown:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why dont you Try a 'stick it on' type thing, where fans send in 3-5 songs about 15mins of music before kick off, so its all completley random and everyone has a say. could be quite intresting?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can I make a suggestion?

For the last 15 games, how about playing track for each year we have been without a proper home. A countdown to Falmer as if you were.

Starting with songs from 1997 for the 15th to last league game, ending with songs from 2011 for the last game?

Well, it sounded like a good idea when I wrote it anyway!:jester:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can I make a suggestion?

For the last 15 games, how about playing track for each year we have been without a proper home. A countdown to Falmer as if you were.

Starting with songs from 1997 for the 15th to last league game, ending with songs from 2011 for the last game?

Good Idea :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why dont you Try a 'stick it on' type thing, where fans send in 3-5 songs about 15mins of music before kick off, so its all completley random and everyone has a say. could be quite intresting?

I once suggested to the club that people 'sponsor' the tunes for an afternoon - proceeds to AITC.

Probably wouldn't work for Withdean, though don't know if they are going to consider it for Falmer

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can I make a suggestion?

That's a good idea, Perhaps we should start with songs in the chart at the time of the last Goldstone game (have no idea what was around then but it would be highly appropriate.

I like Alan's idea of individuals paying to sponsor the choice too. I can't wait to piss everyone off :lolol:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Can I make a suggestion?

This please! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here