Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fanzine Next Issue

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Albion Rob said:
You sound like you've got the right amount of enthusiasm Biscuit, which is definitely a big part of the battle. sorry to keep posting stuff on hr like some King of the Fanzines or something but another idea is to get all the old copies of Gulls Eye you can and get other prominent fanzines - I keep going on about the Oatcake but is consistently wins awards. I think QPR also have a good one. Look for a bit of feedback, maybe the Football Supporters Federation would be able to give you contact details for some of the better fanzines across the country.

As things evelve whatever preceeded it must find its niche. TV was supposed to spell the end for radio and the internet was supposed to kill off newspapers.

If you can make your fanzine into exactly what people want to read at 2.30pm on a Saturday then you have got it cracked. I don't know exactly what 'it' is but if you look around and take your time you will definitely find it.

Good luck.

I don't think I have any copies...Turkey might have an old copy of Gulls eye lying about... I'll look into it anyway.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have plenty of Gulls Eye if you want one Biscuit.

I was going to do a page on 'Previous Fanzines'

What does everyone reckon?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
I have plenty of Gulls Eye if you want one Biscuit.

I was going to do a page on 'Previous Fanzines'

What does everyone reckon?

Brighton Rock, Gulls eye, scars and stripes all great in their own way.

Richie you keep appearing/disappearing on MSN!

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Biscuit said:
Brighton Rock, Gulls eye, scars and stripes all great in their own way.

Don't forget Seaside Saga, Keep The Faith, And Smith Must Score and Build A Bonfire ... plus some others probably.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Biscuit said:
sorry, didnt mean to be sarcastic. you got a good point. im sure their was another tho

There was one called 'On the Up' of which I have a copy of Issue 4 so I assume there were at least 4 issues (I'm pretty strong on logic!!!). There was another one that was A3 size but I can't remember what it was called (or am I thinking of ASMS?)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Inkerman said:
There was one called 'On the Up' of which I have a copy of Issue 4 so I assume there were at least 4 issues (I'm pretty strong on logic!!!). There was another one that was A3 size but I can't remember what it was called (or am I thinking of ASMS?)

Can't remember an A3 one!

Any ideas for articles?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shall I be the first to admit that I've got every copy of every fanzine since 1996:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
dougdeep said:
Shall I be the first to admit that I've got every copy of every fanzine since 1996:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Clarification please:

A copy of each Fanzine since 1996 i.e. at least one issue of each different title

or

a copy of every single issue of each Fanzine since 1996

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
How about a section on the "fans" history. Invite people to send in their history of following the club. Things like first game, best game, best player, best manager etc.

Also include in the coming games section, pubs / places to avoid.

And lastly how about a car / travel share section

Last edited:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
The other A3 one I was thinking of was 'Flying Eye' which was a one off by the guys from Gulls Eye II (with cooperation from KTF) at the end of the Centenary Season.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Wardywonderland said:
How about a section on the "fans" history. Invite people to send in their history of following the club. Things like first game, best game, best player, best manager etc.

Also include in the coming games section, pubs / places to avoid.

And lastly how about a car / travel share section

Fan's history might be alittle to self indulgent. It might work, but others might see it purly as a bio and loose interest.

The games section is being worked on, and a travel section is definatly worth encluding.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I did buy a copy of every issue of every fanzine since August 1996.I can't guarantee I still have every one but I have just
been into my loft and found 67 of them. If you would like to
borrow them,please E-Mail me and I will try to get them to you.
CHEERS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here