Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic singer at the Amex today

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I guess Im the only one who dont want her to return anytime soon, sorry.

No, you're not the only one. She is undoubtedly a great singer, but not for me. Sopranos make me cringe! It would have been OK had it been
a male singer - a tenor.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's a matter of opinions...personally I cannot stand this modern way of putting a song across,those who think screaming is a good way of putting a song over...having been bought up on Elvis,Fats Domino ,Platters and early rock'n'roll I never thought I would like opera but as you get older taste change and I love to hear/see opera now...but still like songs pre 1990.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was embarrassing. I can't decide which was worse, the shit Eurobeat backing track to Jerusalem or the way they panned round the ground to Nessun Dorma as if we'd just won the Champions League.

You just cannot beat NSC for miserable old c*nts!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Opera is very marmite...you either love it, don't get it , or just hate it.

Our sort of stuff is oratorio, ie requiems and anthems. We hire soloists like her all the time, and she was very very good, in front of 20,000 people on your own with just a backing track, which she would have heard a beat behind her voice.

Love it.

Hate it.

Weren't we at a football match?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
What an incredible soprano on the pitch before the fan zone.

Really fab singer and a bloody excellent effort at nessun dorma.

Love to see her again next season

:clap::clap:

..oh and Vicente was immense

Oh yeah, you fancy her, you do, i heard that it is true

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
I was disappointed she didn't 75% of our fans need to be reminded that SBTS has proper words and is sung at half the speed.

Yep.

Is she a Brighton fan then? I saw that she was wearing the shirt but that could have just been self promotion.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You just cannot beat NSC for miserable old c*nts!

There's no contractual obligation when buying a match ticket to like and get excited about everything to do with Falmer. As it happens, the cheese-fest of opera singers performing (averagely) some classics to foster an image of exuberence and epic sporting occasion is entirely not to my tastes. If that makes me a c*nt then fine, but frankly I think it's a little harsh!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
She did attempt to sing SBTS, but her mic wasn't switched on. I think RR gave her his mic for the chorus part.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I hope we get to see/hear her again next season. Thoroughly enjoyable. I would have liked to have been able to hear her over the music and fans during Sussex By The Sea.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Maybe the club gave her the shirt as a present?

Ihave a spare shirt or two that maybe she might like to swap for some of her err hum "garments" if you know what I mean...phnaaaaarrrrr!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here