Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic Breaking News - Hunt Supporters Lose!!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
A victory for democracy!

From Sky:

Hunt supporters have lost a bid to overturn a ban to stop them hunting with dogs.

Supporters of the Countryside Alliance had claimed that the Government's use of the Parliament Act, used to push through the bill, was invalid.

However, a High Court judge refused a judicial review of the act.

The supporters are expected to be given permission take their case to the Court of Appeal.

Animal rights' activists have welcomed the decision.

Fox hunting with dogs is due to be banned on February 18.

--------

Hope those toffs have a massive legal bill to pay too!

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, no, no. None of us understand.

It's a totally unjust piece of legislation and completely undemocratic. :jester:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'm pleased :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
They would never have overturned it because other important legislation has been passed by forcing it through the house of lords and it would have put all that up to question.

Kev the Ape

this is disgusting.

1262445.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am delighted by this, I have been a hunt saboteur in the past, and I have looked forward to this day for many years.

As far as unjust, get real, we live in a civilised society, Bear Baiting, and Cock Fighting were banned years ago, Fox Hunting only survived this long because it is generally practiced by the upper classes, “so it must be acceptable” if they do it.

Regards to Shooting, what has that to do with blatant animal cruelty? I eat the birds I shoot, not the rabbits, they’re too difficult to hit, but I eat rabbits others shoot. Also bear in mind that more foxes get killed on our roads every day (and night) than all the fox hunts across the country kill in a whole year.

In addition, how is clay pigeon shooting susceptible to the same prejudice? I am a fully paid up member of the Clay Pigeon Preservation Society, but what does shooting clays have to do with suggestions that shooting should be banned.

I can’t believe that hunting has continued for so long, you try chasing a cat, or another dog, for an hour or so then let your dog rip it to bits alive, you’ll have the RSPCA on you, and you’ll end up in jail.

As far as fishing, the jury is out for me on this one, I enjoy it, and I either eat what I have caught or it gets thrown back in if it’s not a suitable eater. I’m not sure of the fish suffer after they have been thrown back, if they do then I would have to consider it again, but so far there has been no proof that I am aware of.

Apart from that I love you all.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Curious Orange said:
So when are angling and shooting getting banned then?

I don't see anything wrong with fishing.. you catch a fish if it's big enough you kill it and eat it if it's too small you throw it back to live it's life.

Hunting is banned because the only inevitable conclusion ends in the Dogs ripping some kid of animal apart for 'sport' while the toff's sit upon their horses laughing through their horse faces drinking pimms and lemonade.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rangdo said:
They would never have overturned it because other important legislation has been passed by forcing it through the house of lords and it would have put all that up to question.

You need to get the Sheff Utd result added to your signature Rangdo.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
sitting on a horse and drinking pimms and lemonade is no mean feat especially when mobile you peasant :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here