Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans with unrealistic expectations = JCLs?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really thought that the club should have asked all prospective season ticket purchasers to provide answers to a short quiz about the Albion before they were allowed to buy.
If you only got 2 out of 10, you were a JCL, 5 out of 10 was a JCB, and anything over 7, you were pretty much a proper supporter and would be allowed to purchase your ticket immediately.
JCB's would come next in the pecking order, and the JCL's would have to go through a trial period of buying individual match tickets until they had proved their worth.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really thought that the club should have asked all prospective season ticket purchasers to provide answers to a short quiz about the Albion before they were allowed to buy.
If you only got 2 out of 10, you were a JCL, 5 out of 10 was a JCB, and anything over 7, you were pretty much a proper supporter and would be allowed to purchase your ticket immediately.
JCB's would come next in the pecking order, and the JCL's would have to go through a trial period of buying individual match tickets until they had proved their worth.

This! Joking aside tho was chatting to STHs on Sat nite who were/are Ipwich and Forest fans.

Yes divided loyalties when it comes to us playing each other but that aside they fully expect us not to win every game or tear up the division - possibly because with their original teams they too have been on the receiving end of a few losses.

The plastic Mancs who are used to seeing them win on Super Sunday every week Im not so sure.

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I hate to use the term, BUT I am absolutely incredulous about some of the posts that have been appearing on NSC since the Palace game - so can only think all these posters must be 'JCLs', new Albion fans who just fancied supporting their local team so they could watch football at our swanky new home.

We are fifth in the Championship, after having just been promoted, and are having our best season for 20 years. Yet apparently, Gus 'doesn't get it', the background staff are unhappy, half our squad are 'not up to this level' and certain players have been giving 'pathetic' performances...

Surely no-one who attended matches at the Goldstone and Gillingham - or indeed Withdean - would post such utter NONSENSE.

We have a great squad, one of the best managers in the country and play exciting, attacking football. We have just signed possibly the best quality player ever to wear an Albion shirt, have made a great start to the season, and even outplayed Liverpool for 45 minutes.

I assume none of these moaners saw us lose 4-0 at home to Darlington at Priestfield?

UNBELIEVABLE.
While I agree with your main point about some the the 'moanres' needing a reality check, hasn't this always been the case? In fact some of the worst moaners are those who probably were at the 4-0 loss to Darlington. They were also season ticket holders through the whole of the Withdean era. I had the misfortune to sit close to quite a few in C block at Withdean. these are fans who would moan if we were top of the prem with a 100% record in all competitions going into the last match of the season. Theywill always be there and they will NEVER be satisified, though they will always keep giving their cash to the club. It's life. Deal with it.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Moaners are nothing new. There used to be plenty of them at the Goldstone, Gillingham and especially at Withdean.

If you're an Albion fan, you get used to it. Maybe the club should set up a separate section for all the moaners at the Amex and at least we could get them all together instead of spread out around the ground. South east corner would be good, about as far away from me as possible.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Hmmm, so you don't count the Mullery side as establishing themselves. Does getting promoted discredit their claim somehow?

Mullerys side was the best Albion side i have ever watched,however even winning promotion ,it could not be substained and we sank to even greater lows,because the sucess was built on sand. IMO this time the stadium,Owner and management structure is of a much higher standard .I beleive that to be progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here