Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United - Cambridge

That was good fun! Unfortunately a little worse for wear by the time we reached the ground (don't remember the first Cambridge goal, and also said at one point "I hope Wycombe don't get a third"), but it was really good to see so many different clubs' supporters, and even got roped into going on the pitch at half-time.

Drank in the Greyhound beforehand, where the landlord is an Albion fan. :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Safeway said:
I know. Felt like a good idea at the time, but now realise it goes against everything I believe in.

Happens to us all under the influence. I was singing songs with a bunch of eggchasers last night. Never thought I'd see the day.

:shrug:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The best bit was you waving your hands up and down encouraging the crowd to join in with "We want our stadium"

Priceless!!!

:D :drink:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Thoroughly enjoyable day. Was amazed to see so many people travelling from all over the country, particularly the family from Newcastle who were Albion fans.

Hats off to the lot of you, I only had a short walk round the back of the stadium to a friends house to a barbeque, more beer and a very happy Welsh fiancee watching the final two minutes of the rugby.

Good to meet Turkey and Safeway, thanks to all those who came.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Btw, if I were sober, I would have offered to give people a lift to the station, I know it is quite a distance. However, cocktails and beer at the forementioned barbeque would have made the driving a little ropey. Besides, the walk is quite nice and would have been quicker than by car, judging by the jams round the ground.

We got a cab to the ground and had no idea where we were going afterwards. Ended up in the local Tesco (from where I am now finishing the third of my 'three for £4' Easter eggs) and ordered another taxi from there.

Funny moment at Kings Cross where some bloke asked us how Brighton had got on and we replied that we weren't playing. Couldn't be bothered to explain why we were all in stripes, drunk and singing Albion songs. :lolol:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Safeway said:
Ended up in the local Tesco (from where I am now finishing the third of my 'three for £4' Easter eggs)

Living life to the MAX!!! Should have pointed you in the right direction, in particular of a decent pub, so apologies.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
RB said:
Thoroughly enjoyable day. Was amazed to see so many people travelling from all over the country, particularly the family from Newcastle who were Albion fans.

Hats off to the lot of you, I only had a short walk round the back of the stadium to a friends house to a barbeque, more beer and a very happy Welsh fiancee watching the final two minutes of the rugby.

Good to meet Turkey and Safeway, thanks to all those who came.

Ah-ha, so it was you who was the local I was stood next to in the second half. Glad to see you made it home okay ;) . I assume your Mrs was happy with result of the rugby?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Curious Orange applauding, Turkey watching and the back of OTLW's head!

FansUnitedCambridge043.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
On the Left Wing said:

Oh dear, oh dear. I guess it was inevitable that my identity would be revealed at some point...

My apologies to anybody put off their tea!!

:jester:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
On the Left Wing said:

I seem to have a programme sticking out of my head, wondered where that got to.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
RB said:
I seem to have a programme sticking out of my head, wondered where that got to.

aha ... so that's you RB! I stood next to you for a large part of the game, trying to keep a struggling 3 year old still!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here