Votes: 57 43.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The players need our support, not our callous jibes.

They have had good support all season and what has that achieved. I am amazed how some fans will applaud all manner of shit but then perhaps they are young and cannot remember some of the great teams we have had in the past.
I dont condone picking on individual players though but yesterday was really was quite embarrasing.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, I am. The booing and the moaning is out of order. :annoyed:

If the effort is there, I won't have a go at people. I would have happily had an argument with the people calling Davies "not fit to wear the shirt". I would have disagreed with that, we need this guy! He's clearly unhappy at the moment and has no confidence. What do you think that's done to him? ???

Absolutely, 100% agree. Regardless of what people think of his talent, he puts in everything, does a lot of work outside the box and always looks gutted after we've lost, not to mention consistently clapping the fans after the game. He in no way deserved the abuse he got yesterday, it was an absolute disgrace. Of course we're all frustrated, but with the whole team, picking on individual players (especially one that looks like he tries his hardest) is just unfair and cruel.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Was going to start a new thread upon getting in, but I am not such an attention seeker just yet.

Basically, today was pathetic. End of. However, the singling out of Davies for abuse was absolutely DISGUSTING. I could talk about the fact that missing chances is not due to lack of effort, or the fact that missing a few chances does not mean he is a bad player, or purely that the lad took a chance to join us and must feel like absolute shite now.

But aside from all that, I put to you this: we have 6 games left. We need to win 4 of them. As a team we probably need to score 8-10 goals. Forster is injured. Murray is injured. Owusu is of questionable fitness. Craig Davies is going to need to get at least 4 of those goals. Can he do it? I don't know. What I do know is that he can work hard and get in those positions. Is he going to be more motivated if he hates the Albion fans, regrets his move here, and is low on confidence? No.

Mendoza, RM Taylor, DJ Miles, Withdean Wanker. I would like to know your justification for your actions today. Apologies for singling you out, but you are people I recognise and I think your chanting at Davies was appalling, and counter-productive for the team.

:clap: Couldn't agree more.

For the last few games Davies has been the scapegoat, when more-or-less the whole team has been shite all season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not suprised that abusive chants were made towards both the team and the individuals most concerned. I do not agree with it totally but it is understandable and if the players/management could not lift themselves for a game of such importance and considering the numbers of supporters that turned out then it is a poor state of affairs and they deserve all the abuse that they got. Yesterdays performance was totally unacceptable and the mangement and players should be made aware of it, in any manner that we as supporters can make our point known.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Agree that yesterdays performance was crap - but to single out individuals and give them stick - especially as they seem to be giving their all (all being not very good!) is counterproductive and will reflect on the next game. I was as frustrated as everyone else, but when I heard that chanting against Davies I was ashamed to be a Brighton supporter.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
I personally didn't join in with the abusive chanting of Davies, but can easily understand why other fans did.

It wasn't just for being put clean through from 6 yards and somehow taking a 2nd needless touch and putting the ball nearly up over the bar and into the back of the lower tier when it was easier to score, that was just the cherry on top.
Countless times he needlessly gave away possession, one time there wasn't a MK player within about 6-7 yards of him and he just played the ball first time without even looking where he was putting it, unsurprisingly straight at the feet of a MK player.

We were behind the team chanting and singing all half even when the second MK goal went in, we just got louder supporting the team, but hat kind of thing had been going on all game with him and missing that chance just pushed things over the edge for some fans, cue the abusive chanting.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I am amazed how the players get away with not being abused really.

A few weeks ago, Arsenal were on the telly and it was 0-0 at half time and the crowd had a right go at them.

I think if the players show passion and fight, it doesnt matter how shite they are, the fans respond......what has happened this season is that the players have given the impression that they dont care........did anyone else notice how they came out in teh second half....it was almost as if they were dragging themselves out of the dressing room.

Spot on, I'm not one for booing personally, but when the team can't string two passes together they have to expect a reaction - I think the booing started with that "pass" to Carole when he was in acres of space, which went behind him and out of play... you can understand ineptitude like that getting a reaction, it was more difficult to get the pass wrong ffs!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Portlock, you didn't reply to any of my match reports yesterday, you shit. Especially the one in which I temporarily mislaid my rose-tinted and concluded that we're going down ;) :rant:

Seriously, fella, we were SHIT yesterday, no doubt about it. Poor old Craig "couldn't score a goal on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday" Davies missed yet another sitter, but the bloke will be feeling really terrible. But the fans' abuse is not going to help. I thought he tried, but he just can't cope with the pressure.

Whingy was excellent on the whole yesterday, ran his socks off, clattered a few MK players when required and deserved to wear the shirt. Owusu looked like a lazy lump as usual.

MK were a good side, MUCH better than us, two-divisions above us quality-wise, if I'm honest. They had space, they moved off the ball, created chances. We pretty much just hoofed it. And when we did make space, passes were misplaced and golden opportunites skied. Coxy had a good chance in the second half, too, but he hit it with the outside of his right foot from the right side of the box. FFS, how's that going to go in?! Poor old Davies' miss was awful.

Last edited:

2000 away support is good , what it needed was commitment and apart from whing and kuipers I didnt think any of the others deserved the backing.While the booing of Davies was wrong the passion wasnt there we are on the verge of relegation feelings will start to rear there ugly head if we kept quiet things would just roll onto the end of the season and next season would be the same rubbish.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
they seem to be giving their all

Giving it their all? GIVING IT THEIR ALL?!?! Are you having a f***ing laugh?

They weren't, and haven't been 'giving it their all'. How do I know? Because most of those players have been playing for us for more than the last few games and they can all play better. As a team and individuals.

Each and every signing made (bar Hawkins) I thought at the time, were good enough to get us out of this league in an upward direction. If they played like they've been playing for us all season they wouldn't get in the Lewes team, let alone ours.

Absolute disgrace the lot of them.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It was a poor and disappointing performance yesterday so I can understand the abuse aimed at players. But Davies is the sort of player who needs a confidence boost and the chanting won't help anybody. Also, thought the abuse aimed at Cox was unfair as he seemed to be trying hard.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Davies is the sort of player who needs a confidence boost and the chanting won't help anybody. Also, thought the abuse aimed at Cox was unfair as he seemed to be trying hard.

Agree totally. Am praying he pulls a goal out of the bag, his confidence soars and he flicks us all the proverbial bird...

Come on Craig :albion2:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Portlock, you didn't reply to any of my match reports yesterday, you shit. Especially the one in which I temporarily mislaid my rose-tinted and concluded that we're going down ;) :rant:

Sorry mate - that text did make us laugh though because unlike the rest of the gang, you didn't say we're down or relegated but wrote "we're in some very very serious trouble" :lolol:The Elder and I were in a bloody nice pub down in Upper Beeding:whisky::drink:, enjoying the weather and each families company whilst harking on about the old days, how life has changed etc and the irony that we as former diehards can no longer claim to be that. We concluded that we'd put the best part of our adult lives to date into this club and can't be bothered to do it all again now we're back almost exactly back where we started in 1995 only this time we've got a million other distractions in our lives. We were chuckling at the irony that we've become the "all" in the sentence "they'll all come out the woodwork" (when Falmer's done) which we used to scoff at those who didn't go week in week out anymore - like us now :ohmy:!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Was going to start a new thread upon getting in, but I am not such an attention seeker just yet.

Basically, today was pathetic. End of. However, the singling out of Davies for abuse was absolutely DISGUSTING. I could talk about the fact that missing chances is not due to lack of effort, or the fact that missing a few chances does not mean he is a bad player, or purely that the lad took a chance to join us and must feel like absolute shite now.

But aside from all that, I put to you this: we have 6 games left. We need to win 4 of them. As a team we probably need to score 8-10 goals. Forster is injured. Murray is injured. Owusu is of questionable fitness. Craig Davies is going to need to get at least 4 of those goals. Can he do it? I don't know. What I do know is that he can work hard and get in those positions. Is he going to be more motivated if he hates the Albion fans, regrets his move here, and is low on confidence? No.

Mendoza, RM Taylor, DJ Miles, Withdean Wanker. I would like to know your justification for your actions today. Apologies for singling you out, but you are people I recognise and I think your chanting at Davies was appalling, and counter-productive for the team.

Fool.

1) I must confess, I was a tad drunk during the football. As a result, I started much of the singing on the left side, and have no voice today.

2) The only negative songs I attempted to start were "we're so shit it's unbelievable" and "sack the team", and were more of an attempt at humour rather than an attack on anybody. The amount of pro-team chants far outweighed this. I think most NSCers would agree, it's more than one player who is uninterested and useless, so It wasn't as if I was wrongly picking on anyone.

So why do I need to justify joining in with one song (what a waste of money) that was anti-Davies? When you're drunk, pissed off, and sick of spending hard-earned cash on an inept footballer, it's quite hard to resist joining in with a few hundred others! I don't blame Davies for the position we're in, I don't think he was our worst player yesterday, I was just annoyed in the heat of the moment. Ok, so it is harsh, it doesn't help matters, but it happens. I wouldn't do it every week though, i'm usually reasonably positive vocally at games (honest!!) As as been said, it is up to a player to "prove the doubters wrong", and when it comes to Davies there's a lot of them because he's been consistently poor since he signed.

3) For f*** sake, rather than sitting behind your keyboard playing the hard-man act and calling people names, why don't you say 'hello' at a game, introduce yourself, rather than just slag me off on the internet, knowing full well that i've no idea who you are! NSC stalkers with no balls to say hi really piss me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here