Votes: 57 43.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't believe people applauded a dire performance:glare:

The players must be overjoyed at getting applauded for playing shite,no wonder we are going down???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Having gone to the game yesterday I fully endorse ALL the fans who turned on the players.

I accepted relegation months ago. We all know the team hasn't the skill, goals within them or ability. Bar one week in September when we beat Leicester & Millwall in a week, we have been relegation fodder.

What I couldn't stomache yesterday, of watching the team for 30 years, is a lack of passion by our players. Most fans can accept defeat if the team plays with their heart. This is why Gary Hart was always a popular player. May not have the ability but always gave 100%. Wing & Kuipers perhaps too.

All the loanees must now be sent back to their clubs & we have to plan for next season, otherwise we will be languishing in the bottom half of Div 2 before we will have a team that gels.

Us Brighton fans are too tolerant. The players should have been booed off the park, months ago & for every abject performance since

100% agree.

The supporters have been remarkably tolerant considering the shit that has been shovelled up this season.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Players need to be told. Davies missed a sitter, and it's not like that's the first one he has missed lately.

He's top of the missed sitters chart for sure. They say he's the new Farrington in some parts...:ohmy:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ninja Elephant....

If you went to the theatre and the show was rubbish would you complain?

If you called BT and got bad service for something you pay for would you complain?

If you got a bad meal at a resturant would you complain?

If you got a bad pint would you complain?

I paid for my ticket I got a lacklustre display with no heart and no passion and I complained and will the next time I feel short changed!

And if you and any other "supporter" want to have a go at me for speaking my mind about a team I have followed for 22 years then you can go f**k yourself!

My money my opinion!

Davies Owusu Fraser El-Abd Cox etc - Not fit to wear the shirt!

Whing - Thanks for trying!

It's a fair point, I struggle to find fault with it myself.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Can't understand why people think shouting abuse at players and team will inspire them to do better.

If 99% of the players didn't care, why shout abuse? The 1% that do won't give a shit either, and thus we all go to Morcombe on a Tuesday night (well approx 150 anyway), and the 99% that you quote turns to 100%. Just give them some support. Never seen it like that at an away game. Disgrace.

"What a waste of money", and "Your not fit to wear the shirt" - thats abusive in my book. Maybe in your book thats motivational?

There's no need to convert to percentages when discussing players this season. We're not far off a 1 to 1 ratio in terms of players used

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Was disgruntled yesterday i would NEVER sing "Your not fit to wear the shirt" as i think some of the players put in an effort (ie,Whing,cox) and i wouldnt want to single particular players out (ie Davies) because its the whole team yes davies has missed some sitters but he is not soley to blame for the mess we find ourselves in he has no confidence and its hardly suprising looking at our league position i do feel for him though when you get in a rut its tough to come back but lets not kid ourselves we deserved nothing from that game we were poor all game and if we had of it would of been a scandal
Its not looking good the fat lady is clearing her throat but its not over yet...

Mar 9, 2008
Was going to start a new thread upon getting in, but I am not such an attention seeker just yet.

Basically, today was pathetic. End of. However, the singling out of Davies for abuse was absolutely DISGUSTING. I could talk about the fact that missing chances is not due to lack of effort, or the fact that missing a few chances does not mean he is a bad player, or purely that the lad took a chance to join us and must feel like absolute shite now.

But aside from all that, I put to you this: we have 6 games left. We need to win 4 of them. As a team we probably need to score 8-10 goals. Forster is injured. Murray is injured. Owusu is of questionable fitness. Craig Davies is going to need to get at least 4 of those goals. Can he do it? I don't know. What I do know is that he can work hard and get in those positions. Is he going to be more motivated if he hates the Albion fans, regrets his move here, and is low on confidence? No.

Mendoza, RM Taylor, DJ Miles, Withdean Wanker. I would like to know your justification for your actions today. Apologies for singling you out, but you are people I recognise and I think your chanting at Davies was appalling, and counter-productive for the team.

Absolutely spot on.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If a player/the team is not putting the required effort in, are playing with a lack of desire and acting like they don't give a shit then yes, absolutely, that player/team should be told in no uncertain terms that their performance is unacceptable. If the players are taking the piss then they're legitimate targets. If they genuinely care they'll use the abuse to fire themselves up and prove a point. If they don't care then they'll carry on putting in limp, gutless performances. You can cheer and clap them all you want, if they don't care they don't care and will still put in the same shit performance.

What a f***ing shambolic season it's been.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
its not over yet...

What is the point in saying that? It all likelihood some Berliner said the same in April 1945. It's a fool's point to make when the reality around us is so startlingly obvious that we're down it's not funny. So please would everyone stop saying that PLEASE!

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
What is the point in saying that? It all likelihood some Berliner said the same in April 1945. It's a fool's point to make when the reality around us is so startlingly obvious that we're down it's not funny. So please would everyone stop saying that PLEASE!

Hang on seen as your obviously mathematically incompetent there is 7 games left we need 15-20 points you do the maths its not over untill its mathematically impossible is it:glare:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hang on seen as your obviously mathematically incompetent there is 7 games left we need 15-20 points you do the maths its not over untill its mathematically impossible is it:glare:

FFS....he doesn't get it. Someone else please fill in the gaps for chum here.....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS....he doesn't get it. Someone else please fill in the gaps for chum here.....

Here is the clue.

Last 36 league games

Won 6
Drawn 11
Lost 19

For 37
Against 60

Points 29

36 games, 29 points.

We need 15 points from 7 games.

What do you think ?.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
My Wolves-supporting friend at the game yesterday looked at the league table and said "Oh. You're 7 points adrift" then " but you've got two games in hand". My reply? "on current form that should be worth a point at most."

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Here is the clue.

Last 36 league games

Won 6
Drawn 11
Lost 19

For 37
Against 60

Points 29

36 games, 29 points.

We need 15 points from 7 games.

What do you think ?.

I Agree i dont think we will stay up but im just arguing that it is still possible whatever our previous record is it might change there is no garuntee it wont i have seen stranger things happen in my life time i'll tell you that:thumbsup:

2 Games in hand= Vital----------Lose to hereford = Dead & buried

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Mendoza, RM Taylor, DJ Miles, Withdean Wanker. I would like to know your justification for your actions today. Apologies for singling you out, but you are people I recognise and I think your chanting at Davies was appalling, and counter-productive for the team.

I know you never agree with anything I say or see to like me, but if you re going to accuse me of something, then get it right FFS. I would NEVER single out a player for chanting abuse, I never have and never will. I was shocked with the treatment Davies got, and I didnt join in for any of it, I even started singing "One Craig Davies" after it happened as he quite clearly needed a lift

Yes I may shout abuse at players for a moment of being shit, but start or join in chants abusing one player, I dont do it at games. On here I do, but the players probably dont read it.

Yes I start chants and sing chants about how shit the TEAM are and make a mockery of getting relegated, but abusing players individually aint my cup of tea fella!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The only opportunity we get to let the players know what we think, collectively, as fans, is when they are on the pitch. I didn't boo Davies or chant 'not fit to wear the shirt' as I personally don't think it would do any good but I fully support the right of any other Brighton supporter to do so and, on the basis of yesterday's performance would understand why they did.

Perhaps Mr Slade would like to make contact with a few fans and invite them to meet the players and tell them what they thought of yesterday's shambles. And for those who say that footballers don't want to fail, then let me remind you of the two Rangers muppets......

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't be bothered to read all the pages but I thought the fans were fantastic yesterday and the numbers we took up was very impressive.

What a shame the players did not turn up and give the fans a show that they still have at least the desire to try and make a go of staying in this division. If players cannot be motivated by that support then they need to have a hard look at themselves and IMO the reaction yesterday was totally justified.

As for Davies had just as bad a game as Owusu and both looked lethargic all afternoon (as did half the rest of the team).

The fans done their bit the players seemed resigned to going down hence the backlash and anyone who thinks otherwise either did not go to the game or has some seriously rose tinted spectacles on.

Paul12345

Apr 5, 2009
What was crazy about yesterday was that even though we have at least 6,7,8 players who clearly couldn't given a shit it was down to our two forwards yesterday to help us stay up and through incompetence or whatever Davies AND Owusu missed sitters that our grannies could of put away. At the final whistle they looked a bit gutted in their defence BUT, but we, the fans, were even more gutted.

These pros can always move on but we are the only guardians of the club and the fans are the only ones who can close the gap between our passion and their lack of it. Boos, like our chants and support, play a vital role in getting these players to realise that these misses are more than that. The Third Division or League Two is a dire place for us to be in and highly detrimental to our future and these non-performers, via any means necessary, need to be 'reminded' of that each and ever time they step out on the pitch.

If they dont like our treatment of them they can move to Mk and have stupid little flags waved at them by Spurs supporters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here