Votes: 57 43.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The fans turned on the team and El-Abd at Carlisle earlier this season, and rightly so. Todays performance was probably on par with the no show up there.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Can't understand why people think shouting abuse at players and team will inspire them to do better.

If 99% of the players didn't care, why shout abuse? The 1% that do won't give a shit either, and thus we all go to Morcombe on a Tuesday night (well approx 150 anyway), and the 99% that you quote turns to 100%. Just give them some support. Never seen it like that at an away game. Disgrace.

"What a waste of money", and "Your not fit to wear the shirt" - thats abusive in my book. Maybe in your book thats motivational?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Players need to be told. Davies missed a sitter, and it's not like that's the first one he has missed lately.

What about Awusu's back-pass to their goalkeeper that directly led to their 2nd goal seconds after? Funny how people seem to conveniently forget the about sins of others who are equally culpable.. :nono:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Normally I'd answer this poll question with No.2 - we need to get behind them all the way.

Alas, today I chose No. 3 - because I don't bloody well care !

I didn't boo at the final whistle, but I certainly wasn't going to applaud the team off either.

It's not about the result, it's all about the performance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am amazed how the players get away with not being abused really.

A few weeks ago, Arsenal were on the telly and it was 0-0 at half time and the crowd had a right go at them.

I think if the players show passion and fight, it doesnt matter how shite they are, the fans respond......what has happened this season is that the players have given the impression that they dont care........did anyone else notice how they came out in teh second half....it was almost as if they were dragging themselves out of the dressing room. MKD were a decent team, but they had been on a shocking run.....Apart from Owusu's pass, can anyone remember their keeper making a save.

Oh BTW I do not count showing passion as running from the centre circle to fly into a situation that didnt affect him ( fraser in the second half) In fact I was surprised he didnt get sent off for that ( the whing spat with thier forward)

That's not fair, it didn't sound to me like we played that badly. I wasn't there, I'm not going to pretend. But from the commentary, we created some GOOD chances, it seems to me like we've tried hard again, with no end product. Well, that's football. I don't like the moaning culture, which I know is slightly irrational. I will be going to Hereford though, and we could lose that game 3-0, but if the players atleast show bottle, fight and put in the effort they always have in the dozens of games I've seen this season, then I'll applaud as always (bar 2 games).

I'm sure you are a very sincere Brighton fan. But there were hundreds of sincere Brighton fans today who voiced an opinion and if you were not there you have no right to disagree. We were a DISGRACE today. I did not sing anything derogitory, never have, but would not argue with anyone who did today. Get off your f***ing high horse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ninja...I had a space in the car...you could have seen for yourself how we played.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What about Awusu's back-pass to their goalkeeper that directly led to their 2nd goal seconds after? Funny how people seem to conveniently forget the about sins of others who are equally culpable.. :nono:

I think people are missing the point somewhat here.

We're not having a go at Davies for missing ONE chance. We're voicing our opinions about a STRIKER (The ones who are meant to put balls in the back of the net), who has missed countless sitters over the last few weeks. (Yeovil, Tranmere and MK Dons are just 3 examples which spring to mind).

If a striker can't do his job, then don't play him. I would much rather have an extra man in midfield than a striker who can't do the only thing he is in the side to do.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Supporting them hasn't worked so what else can we do?
All this "we have players with passion just not ability" is bollocks.
We've got players with no passion and no ability. End of story.
(except Whingy, Kuipers and Coxy on a good day)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

We're not having a go at Davies for missing ONE chance. We're voicing our opinions about a STRIKER (The ones who are meant to put balls in the back of the net), who has missed countless sitters over the last few weeks. (Yeovil, Tranmere and MK Dons are just 3 examples which spring to mind).

If a striker can't do his job, then don't play him. I would much rather have an extra man in midfield than a striker who can't do the only thing he is in the side to do.

100% agree :clap:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"We're not having a go at Davies for missing ONE chance. We're voicing our opinions about a STRIKER (The ones who are meant to put balls in the back of the net), who has missed countless sitters over the last few weeks. (Yeovil, Tranmere and MK Dons are just 3 examples which spring to mind)."

add Northampton to that list.

and i agree completely.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

So who else could/should have played up front instead of Davies? Maybe OGH could've had a bash, but do people honestly think the outcome would've been much different had he played? And if we'd played 1 up, then who could actually transform a very weak midfield into a force to be reckoned with??! I'm buggered if I know. :shrug:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I would have played Brinkhurst

Its time now to try our youngsters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ninja...I had a space in the car...you could have seen for yourself how we played.

If you could have commited last night, I would have gladly gone with you. :ascarf: I was hoping to visit MK this year, but was too indicisive! I may not get another chance now.

Nevermind, Hereford on tuesday.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I have voted yes, as I do believe there comes a time when the team has to know it is not good enough.

I have never seen the fans turn on the players as they did today, and I have never seen the amount of individual abuse that I saw today. I was as frustrated as anyone, but singling out individuals is going to get us nowhere.

I was so pissed off when Davies missed the sitter, that I admit I did join in one chorus of "what a waste of money" but immediately regretted it.

I haven't studied the thread but did anyone see when Davies was challenging for that ball down by us near the end and clattered into the hoardings. Those dickheads who were literally giving wanker signs and screaming in his face? That was absolutely disgusting from so-called supporters and that is going to get us absolutely nowhere. That sort of behaviour is not going to help us stay up.

Chants like "you're not fit to wear the shirt" are acceptable when the performance was as shockingly bad as it was today, but only aimed at the team as a whole. Abusing individuals is stupid and is only going to make things worse. It's not as if he meant to miss!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here