Votes: 70 53.4%
  • No - We need to be behind them all the way

Votes: 57 43.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
It was horrible to watch Davies get picked on today. Totally unjustified. There are five players who deserve that treatment more than him.

I rarely leave early but I did today - can someone describe events at the final whistle?

CB

"It was horrible to watch Davies get picked on today".

It was also horrible for the fans to have to witness what they did today. ???

ps pop round and give Davies a hug from me to make him feel better :lol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The abuse was mainly directed at Davies for missing a absolute sitter. But when we turned on the players, I haven't seen such scenes for many years now and this is worrying. Because the next two games are vital, in our chances of staying in this division, but if we turn up to Hereford with that attitude again we'll see such scenes once more. The praise Whingy got was deserved, he gives 110% every single game and he puts his heart on his sleeve everytime he walks onto a field, this man deserves to be knighted!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

Attachments

• Dog-village-idiot.jpg
    Dog-village-idiot.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 283

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
N.E.

Are your real?

Was the above meant to be a serious statement:lolol:

Yes, I am. The booing and the moaning is out of order. :annoyed:

If the effort is there, I won't have a go at people. I would have happily had an argument with the people calling Davies "not fit to wear the shirt". I would have disagreed with that, we need this guy! He's clearly unhappy at the moment and has no confidence. What do you think that's done to him? ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
and the players got our support but did they repay us, yet again no. Same old f***ing story.

That's not fair, it didn't sound to me like we played that badly. I wasn't there, I'm not going to pretend. But from the commentary, we created some GOOD chances, it seems to me like we've tried hard again, with no end product. Well, that's football. I don't like the moaning culture, which I know is slightly irrational. I will be going to Hereford though, and we could lose that game 3-0, but if the players atleast show bottle, fight and put in the effort they always have in the dozens of games I've seen this season, then I'll applaud as always (bar 2 games).

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair to the players i should imagine there is more of a divide between these players than any we have had for some time with all that has gone on at the club in the past 11 months.
It really isn't the Players that deserve the flack as they have been put through 3 different managers in 11months and god only knows how many signings and loans and just maybe the guy with the glasses on should be hearing the Albion fans voicing there concern to a well under par performances this season.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Yes, I am. The booing and the moaning is out of order. :annoyed:

If the effort is there, I won't have a go at people. I would have happily had an argument with the people calling Davies "not fit to wear the shirt". I would have disagreed with that, we need this guy! He's clearly unhappy at the moment and has no confidence. What do you think that's done to him? ???

N.E.

Agree about "if the effort is there".
But little use, if someone has no ability.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
N.E.

Agree about "if the effort is there".
But little use, if someone has no ability.

100% agree. We have players with effort, but not neccessarily ability. I like Fraser and El-Abd, for example, but they're not good enough footballers and if we keep playing players like them we're not going to be much of a side. Unfortunately, that's truth. I like them as people, I like their effort, determination and love for the club. But they're not good enough in my opinion. It doesn't mean we should turn on them though! Whoever wears the shirt, whatever you think of them, during a match there should be support from the fans. Not jeers and "you're not fit to wear the shirt"...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That's not fair, it didn't sound to me like we played that badly. I wasn't there, I'm not going to pretend. But from the commentary, we created some GOOD chances, it seems to me like we've tried hard again, with no end product. Well, that's football. I don't like the moaning culture, which I know is slightly irrational. I will be going to Hereford though, and we could lose that game 3-0, but if the players atleast show bottle, fight and put in the effort they always have in the dozens of games I've seen this season, then I'll applaud as always (bar 2 games).

WE WERE UTTER UTTER SHITE!!!!! WE SHOWED ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHT!!!! THERE WAS NO DESIRE!!!!

WORTHLESS BUNCH OF FUCKWITS THAT SHOULD JUST f*** OFF NOW (except Whing)

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
Its frustration to be honest, I know MK dons are good but we were really SHIT, I don't agree with with the tunring against the team chants away from home, we need to get behind them, but today the team deserved it. Unaceptable performance. And on todays evidence I dont think some of the players are fit to wear the shirt.

Sep 25, 2008
Ninja Elephant....

If you went to the theatre and the show was rubbish would you complain?

If you called BT and got bad service for something you pay for would you complain?

If you got a bad meal at a resturant would you complain?

If you got a bad pint would you complain?

I paid for my ticket I got a lacklustre display with no heart and no passion and I complained and will the next time I feel short changed!

And if you and any other "supporter" want to have a go at me for speaking my mind about a team I have followed for 22 years then you can go f**k yourself!

My money my opinion!

Davies Owusu Fraser El-Abd Cox etc - Not fit to wear the shirt!

Whing - Thanks for trying!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Booing and abusing our players, especially individuals, such as Davies is not going to help us win games which we so desperately need.
Yes, it is incredibly frustrating watching our team play poorly and lose week in,week out, but singling out players and singing "Your not fit to wear the shirt" or "What a waste of money" is NOT going to help

Sep 25, 2008
Why isnt it?

Do you think because we support Brighton that anyone in a Brighton shirt should be exempt from criticism for not trying and being utter shite???

I can promise you im Brighton through and through and have never booed a player without reason!

Today was too much no-one gives a shit...couldnt you tell that??

These players are PRO players.....they deserve the "feedback" they got today as you would if you perform poorly in the job you do!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We need to distinguish between booing and criticising, and abusing.

Abusing is unacceptable.

But we shouldn't group it together with booing and criticising - highlighting mistakes and where we're falling short, because it is unfair on people who have the restraint and general human decency not to get abusive having their opinions and attempts to help the team improve dismissed because some people can't tell the difference.

hack

Feb 24, 2009
The abuse during the game wasn't on. Fact is, we've got no other players so crucifying the ones we've got isn't going to help next time the ball drops at his feet. I understand the mentality, the team gave nothing back to a bloody good crowd, but it just doesn't help...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here