Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans or customers? How do you describe yourself?

What are you?

• Fan

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Customer

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"Customer" is a stupid word to use - it simply reminds people that they are paying for whatever is on offer.

Like on the railways ... it's surely better for people to be described as "passengers" (with the implication that the arrangement might actually involve travelling), rather than "customers" (which suggests to folk that they might think about queuing up for a refund).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am a supporter - a fan is somebody who sits at home watching for the Brighton result in amongst the other results and listens to a few games on the radio. A supporter is somebody who spends their cash with the club and watches them live (although the second bit isn't necessarily exclusive). A customer is somebody who hires a room at the Amex or uses the restaurant for sunday lunch.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Customer" is a stupid word to use - it simply reminds people that they are paying for whatever is on offer.

Like on the railways ... it's surely better for people to be described as "passengers" (with the implication that the arrangement might actually involve travelling), rather than "customers" (which suggests to folk that they might think about queuing up for a refund).

When I queue up to buy a pie and a pint, I am a clearly a customer.... and if I am lucky, will be treated as one.

I am not a customer, had I have been a customer I would have taken my custom elsewhere YEARS ago but didn't.

I really does piss me off to be labelled a customer, petty maybe but that's just the way I feel about it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Perhaps you should refine your definition of attention seeking after considering that this is an anonymous social environment.

I am just voicing my opinion on a public forum, sorry if that upsets you, but perhaps instead of puerile name calling you could offer your own contribution.

I have.

When I queue up to buy a pie and a pint, I am a clearly a customer.... and if I am lucky, will be treated as one.
Fair enough, as far as these peripheral transactions go - when, I guess, you are a customer of the catering firm.

But when you are watching the match, you surely don't judge the quality of the Albion's performance against the criteria of how much you have paid for the ticket and whether William Buckley's run down the wing represents good value for your twenty-eight quid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here