Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans in the crowd that header the ball back - take a bow!!

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Is it me or was there a lot more of this than usual at the Wrexham game?! I'm sure I even saw a guy in WSL with a Mohican give it the full defensive clearance from the stands!!
I know it's highly immature of me, but I for one would like to see as much of this as possible at The Amex, so if it's coming your way - resist the punch-back (its not big or clever), whip the wooly hat off if needed, imagine your Danny Cullip or Andy Crosby & give it the full head-through-a-picture-frame header!!! Climb on the bloke in front of you if you have to (but don't stand for too long, we don't want anyone ejected....or another thread about standing....!)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Almost as good as Martin Keown tonight before the Arsenal Leeds game.

Was on pitchside doing the pre match pundit chat and the ball slams him on the side of the head on live tv, brilliant

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I love to see this sort of thing

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I headed the ball back once when we were playing at Gillingham. It sailed miles onto the pitch and our fans all sung 'sign him up'etc. The momentary pleasure was soon replaced by the worst headache I've ever had:( it lasted around a week.

Last edited:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
It happened twice at Watford earlier in the season both in our away end! they both got the "sign him up" treatment.
Prizes should be up for grabs, someone make it happen!

smelly

May 23, 2004
Did I see a bloke in front of the north stand jump out of his wheel chair to head it back against SCC.

Or was I pissed.

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
HA ha! I saw that from WSU, but I think it was the wheelchair persons mate? but it was quality viewing!!! and we beat Southampton 3-0!! what a day! :)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
At Watford some guy near the front landed an beaut of a header back into the penalty area, Steve Harper absolutely loved it, was pissing himself.

It should also be noted that header was 1 more headers than Paynter won all game.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I must admit, I went for one when we played Bournemouth away a few years back. I was right in the front row & had a good run at it but never made it in time, meaning it looked like I was just running with my head down, like A bloke stretching for the line in the 100 metres!!!
I love the idea of a prize for a decent header, We could show a montage of the best ones on the big screen in slow motion to get the crowd going a bit more before the game..!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I literally dream of getting the chance of a header in a first team game. The closest I've come so far was being smashed in the face whilst supping my coffee near the sideline at Lancing FC's Culver Road by a Dan Harding clearance during a reserve game. I wasn't sure what hurt more, the coffee or ball burn. Now Dan has his fair share of detractors I know, but bless him, he did look genuinely concerned and gave me a quick "are you alright mate?". I can't remember my exact reply but I'm sure it was something manly like "yeah, didn't feel a thing" before I skulked away to cry and ask for my mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here