Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans in the crowd that header the ball back - take a bow!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
...I skulked away to cry and ask for my mum.

Which is what Harding probably did after getting subbed last week (his mum, not yours)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've had 2 heading incidents while watching football. First, upon heading a decent clearance back onto the field of play at Dorchester Town FC, one of my fellow supporters tried to volley it at the same time and caught me straight in the face with his right Dr Martin. While the header was applauded (apparently) I was checking all my teeth. Second, similar to [MENTION=3052]Hungry Joe[/MENTION], stood watching Havant & Waterlooville with a cup of tea, a shot in the warm up sailed safely over my head only to catch a beam of the terrace roof and come rocketing vertically down smashing my face, taking my glasses off and sending my scolding hot tea flying much to everyone's amusement.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Is it me or was there a lot more of this than usual at the Wrexham game?! I'm sure I even saw a guy in WSL with a Mohican give it the full defensive clearance from the stands!!
I know it's highly immature of me, but I for one would like to see as much of this as possible at The Amex, so if it's coming your way - resist the punch-back (its not big or clever), whip the wooly hat off if needed, imagine your Danny Cullip or Andy Crosby & give it the full head-through-a-picture-frame header!!! Climb on the bloke in front of you if you have to (but don't stand for too long, we don't want anyone ejected....or another thread about standing....!)

It was me who headed the ball from WSL Saturday. The ball hit a seat a couple of rows in front of me, shot into the air and fell just nicely. I was in two minds though, would have looked stupid if i missed it!
Not a mohican though, it was a woolly hat!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've always wanted to head a ball back.

Got slapped in the face by a rugby ball at Richmond, whilst walking with two pints, which I promptly dropped.

Dropped my one and only catch chance at the County Ground. Only because some fool tried to steal my thunder and managed to nudge me at the very last second. Bastard.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its without a doubt a great thing to see happen. a campaign to get it going at the amex should take place, infact i would prioritise it over any new seats going in

if somebody can go as far as to replicate this then that would be even better:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've always had great admiration for those brave/stupid enough to head the ball back. This stems from seeing the seat next to mine being ripped apart from a miss hit shot at a match in Shrewsbury. Getting that in the face would have been most unpleasant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here