Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans forum - official thread

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just cos you haven't heard it from the usual sauces doesn't mean it's untrue.
What I heard sounds more plausible after listening to poyet tonight.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
just heard it now and thought the whole thing was quite amusing and upbeat, the how to get kids supporting brighton again question was met with the reply i wanted to hear , Win , simples.

think my speakers are fooked though did i hear him say he had been to see edward Heath ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
just heard it now and thought the whole thing was quite amusing and upbeat, the how to get kids supporting brighton again question was met with the reply i wanted to hear , Win , simples.

think my speakers are fooked though did i hear him say he had been to see edward Heath ?

How did you hear it after? I missed it and would like to hear it. And before anyone get f***ing clever its not on iPlayer.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So where is the link, i'd quite like to listen to it !

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, anyone got the link yet !!!

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Can anyone summarise the 5 most interesting things we found out at last nights forum?

Apologies if been done elsewhere, had a look and couldnt see it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can anyone summarise the 5 most interesting things we found out at last nights forum?

We missed out on a 'star' striker, everything was in place but he decided not to come. Gus said he will bring the right type to the club even if it's on the 31 Aug.

If any players are good enough, then they are old enough to play in the first team. ie: Caskey, Dunk, or anyone else breaking through

Next seasons pre-season tour will be back in Portugal, but Tony Bloom said that future tours could well be elsewhere in Europe.

All Falmer seats will be padded , according to Ken Brown (not part of the forum, I spoke to him after the event)

Gus has got a Plan B if Lua Lua doesn't come.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Erm...

1) We haven't given up on LuaLua, but we are looking elsewhere. So, I guess it's a case of if we find someone else, we'll pass on lualua, if we don't we'll hopefully get him.

2) We almost had a big name striker sign, but it fell through (we agreed terms with the player, his agent then took that agreement round to other clubs to get a better deal)

3) The roof is on Falmer, and we're close to the point where all the work will be inside so it will look like no progress is being made, but it will be. They will want season ticket holders to come flush the toilets and turn the lights on.

4) A lot of the things "real football fans" want are part of a long term plan (bringing the youth through, acadmey set up, training facilities)

5) Ken Brown has absolutely no interest in NSC (bad experience with "other clubs fan sites"). Tony Bloom lets Paul Camilin filter out the nonsense for him/the club. Martin Perry thinks NSC can at times be representative, but also "it can be a little mischievous".

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Amex pitch will be top notch. It will be seeded, not turfed, with "mineral" grass sown in. This makes the pitch have more give all season long.
Will be better than Wembley as it will not be used as much and no American Football or Motor sports.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How did you hear it after? I missed it and would like to hear it. And before anyone get f***ing clever its not on iPlayer.

not sure how to get the link for it, i was working last night and simply got the lady freind to tape it off the radio ,your all welcome to pop round and huddle round the amstrad if you like :)

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
who would you take on loan if you were offered them? WTF kinda question is that.

Get your facts right old chap.............I referred to the offer of Michael Owen to Brizzle City (allegedly) and as a light-hearted hypothetical question,'who Gus would take if offered'.........punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here