Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans forum 2022

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had no problem with the poem (found it amusing, as GP did .. and inventive although too long).perhaps a limerick would have been better by being shorter…were the points missed..I’m not sure …whilst GP was laughing PB seemed irked, he had a valid point regarding season tickets being kept at the same price and payment can be made over the course of the year interest free which is brilliant…but imo there really isn’t any defence over the £2.50 print at home fee…surely you are using the same technology to enter the ground

I think with additional revenue raised from £20/25s raised from sharing scheme, exchange and now £2.50 to print ticket more then makes up for a ST price increase.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
PB put him down quite nicely too. Whilst I appreciate the effort in writing the poem, he could have asked that question in 10 seconds. Like the question regarding lactose milk. Asked the valid question, noted, will look at it, move on. 20 seconds done.

Personally I would rather have seen PB and GP sit and read answers to carefully fielded questions for an hour. They’re never going to talk about transfers, tactics, prices etc.

I can understand the question about lactose free milk. If you don't have a disability, then you never think about it. For several years in a row, my husband asked about induction loops at tills to help deaf and hearing impaired people hear what is being said, over the noise of the concourse. This wasn't at a Fans Forum but a Supporters Club meeting, similar to Seagulls Over London etc.
Eventually one or two were fitted, but not switched on, or in one case, facing the server, not the customer. I know there is a high turnover of kiosk staff, but it is essential training for disabilities, and to help everyone.
Basically, you have to nag the club, to get Sodexo to do anything.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Personally I would rather have seen PB and GP sit and read answers to carefully fielded questions for an hour. They’re never going to talk about transfers, tactics, prices etc.

They , to their credit , don't just do a Fans Forum once a year (and like some CEOs) hide away from the fans for the rest of it. Barber and Potter and Bloom are probably the most open owners, CEOs, and managers in terms of access, interviews, engagement with fans than any other three in the PL. Not sure you can argue they don't talk about transfers , tactics and prices in other forums. They do. At length. So probably doesn't matter so much that if an issue is missed at the Fan Forum due to a quirky poem !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They , to their credit , don't just do a Fans Forum once a year (and like some CEOs) hide away from the fans for the rest of it. Barber and Potter and Bloom are probably the most open owners, CEOs, and managers in terms of access, interviews, engagement with fans than any other three in the PL. Not sure you can argue they don't talk about transfers , tactics and prices in other forums. They do. At length. So probably doesn't matter so much that if an issue is missed at the Fan Forum due to a quirky poem !

Exactly. I mentioned Supporters Club and Seagulls Over London but there are several more which are well attended.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Best point out of all that drivel was Barbs seems as perplexed as everyone else how Saudi FC get away with positioning the away fans in a different stadium.

I actually enjoy the stair climb challenge and the sparrow hawk view. But yes rules should apply to all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Depends if it’s your point really.

Could also argue whether it was necessary for the chap, who was already in communication with PB to raise it in a public forum. There were several people who never got to ask their question.

Certainly not down to the club though, who as you say are extremely good at communicating with fans.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
3 minutes too long for me, amusing at first then irritating. Johnny actually tried to cut in and the chap kept going.

Amusing but too long. Panel lost interest . Should have just concentrated on £2.50 cost of printing ticket. Unless I change way I buy guest tickets will cost me an extra £10

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Amusing but too long. Panel lost interest . Should have just concentrated on £2.50 cost of printing ticket. Unless I change way I buy guest tickets will cost me an extra £10

Graham Potter applauded him and laughed.

Edit to add, Nsc is the same every year. Somebody always moans about the questions, the answers, and all sitting at home because they haven't made the effort to go or to submit a question via email.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Depends if it’s your point really.

Could also argue whether it was necessary for the chap, who was already in communication with PB to raise it in a public forum. There were several people who never got to ask their question.

Certainly not down to the club though, who as you say are extremely good at communicating with fans.

Clearly as he thought brining it up in public was some kind of gotcha and he will get his way, because it was in public. Basically a legal contract to act now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think with additional revenue raised from £20/25s raised from sharing scheme, exchange and now £2.50 to print ticket more then makes up for a ST price increase.

There hasn't been a season ticket raise for nearly 3 years. It would have been £50 just for inflation this year.
So no. It wouldn't given the vast majority of people use phones and thousands don't bother with the sharing scheme. Including i think yourself.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There's so many problems with this idea. I'm a few points away from going up a tier in points for away games - I got to a handful last year, will miss out on ones like Fulham this year, but next season might squeeze in if we get a decent cup run of games to go to over the next few months for the boost that'd bring. I'm not sure why me attending women's games or u23 games should make it easier for me to get a ticket for that Fulham game though than, say, someone who made the slog up to Burnley (I didn't) last year and got their points.

It sounds like the person who asked that question is in a similar points position to me. Are points used for anything but access to tickets? If not then it also sounds like they were basically admitting they'd go to those WSL and u23 games just to boost points to make it easier to get to the high-demand men's away games. That feels very unfair to people who slog up and down the country. Also doesn't then build a sustainable long term audience for those u23 or women's matches at all, and those need to be treated as worth going to in their own right, not as a way to manipulate a loyalty system.

Agree, I attend a lot of Under 23s fixtures Home & Away, as well as Women's fixtures, because I am interested to see how the team perform, this doesn't make me more loyal to the first team. It will just become a farce if people are attending to get points to go to the games. Some people really have a chip on their shoulders about the loyalty point system. It works fine, Manchester United went to Purchase history and West Ham to season ticket holders. I got my loyalty points through attending away games all season, as well as me and my mates skipping college to go to Reading away on a tuesday night to see us lose 2-1. It would be unfair for someone to miss out on tickets for Bournemouth away who's been to Cardiff Away in the league cup, for someone whos either turned up to Under 23s games for 10 minutes and left or someone who fancies Fulham away because its close. Bournemouth has always been a bun fight for tickets, but it didn't sell out in the 2014/15 season, or did Fulham. I understand people have commitments that mean they can't always do away games, but not everyone can be catered for. Bournemouth is a crap away day as well.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When he got up this morning Paul B will reflect on last night and his experience will tell him that if almond milk and £2.50 ticket charges are the most pressing issues from an hour of supporters questions he and the club are doing something right.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Someone suggested that due to rising costs and possibly work commitment’s , it was not always possible to attend away games and as a consequence, was it possible for points to be awarded for attending U23s and the ladies games.

Worryingly PB liked this idea.

Personally, although we are one club I believe (rightly or wrongly) mens and ladies football are different products, and points wise should be considered in the same way.
How would that be fair to the hundreds of fans who travel from all over the country just to get to a home game and attend most away games.
For the likes of us we never experience a HOME game.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How would that be fair to the hundreds of fans who travel from all over the country just to get to a home game and attend most away games.
For the likes of us we never experience a HOME game.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk
It wouldn't be fair - just a form of engineering the system to queue jump.

I hope the Famous FAB don't go along with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here