Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans forum 2022

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As opposed to the other ones?

Less good for fans of questions about bottle tops and flasks admittedly.

Though this time, we had a question repeated in a different form on 3 occasions, someone ask about bikes who by his own admission was already in contact with PB. A wannabe poet, who went from being mildly amusing to completely over egging it….

So hear what your saying, but tonight was inane nonsense IMO…… more than normal 😃

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next time you feel like demanding Barber-out's head for doing something you don't like just remember:-

HE DEALS WITH THESE MORONS EVERY FREAKIN DAY.

Every day - possibly even hourly.

To my knowledge he's yet to kill anyone.
The guy is a walking miracle.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Though this time, we had a question repeated in a different form on 3 occasions, someone ask about bikes who by his own admission was already in contact with PB. A wannabe poet, who went from being mildly amusing to completely over egging it….

So hear what your saying, but tonight was inane nonsense IMO…… more than normal 😃

Yes, I know, but tonight was really sh!t.

The chicken and leek pies were good though...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I always thought it was something about not being able to segregate the concourse enough at pitch level.

When we don’t take the full allocation (we didn’t last season), all there is is basically a curtain separating us from the bit that’s resold to home fans anyway :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure about extra points for attending ladies and U23 games……

What was actually said on this? Makes no sense at all to gain points towards the mens loyalty scheme by attending u23s or womens football. Fine to have their own loyalty scheme but this would be nonsense.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What was actually said on this? Makes no sense at all to gain points towards the mens loyalty scheme by attending u23s or womens football. Fine to have their own loyalty scheme but this would be nonsense.

Someone suggested that due to rising costs and possibly work commitment’s , it was not always possible to attend away games and as a consequence, was it possible for points to be awarded for attending U23s and the ladies games.

Worryingly PB liked this idea.

Personally, although we are one club I believe (rightly or wrongly) mens and ladies football are different products, and points wise should be considered in the same way.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Someone suggested that due to rising costs and possibly work commitment’s , it was not always possible to attend away games and as a consequence, was it possible for points to be awarded for attending U23s and the ladies games.

Personally, although we are one club I believe (rightly or wrongly) mens and ladies football are different products, and points wise should be considered in the same way.

Nobody dares say a word against the women's football. PB could hardly do anything but agree in the face of an enthusiastic response from much of the floor.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

There's so many problems with this idea. I'm a few points away from going up a tier in points for away games - I got to a handful last year, will miss out on ones like Fulham this year, but next season might squeeze in if we get a decent cup run of games to go to over the next few months for the boost that'd bring. I'm not sure why me attending women's games or u23 games should make it easier for me to get a ticket for that Fulham game though than, say, someone who made the slog up to Burnley (I didn't) last year and got their points.

It sounds like the person who asked that question is in a similar points position to me. Are points used for anything but access to tickets? If not then it also sounds like they were basically admitting they'd go to those WSL and u23 games just to boost points to make it easier to get to the high-demand men's away games. That feels very unfair to people who slog up and down the country. Also doesn't then build a sustainable long term audience for those u23 or women's matches at all, and those need to be treated as worth going to in their own right, not as a way to manipulate a loyalty system.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll only be those who go to these games that want such a scheme - something to their advantage at the expense to others. That's my view, not what Paul Barber said.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

It was basically someone who attends home men and womens games who does not have enough points for the big away games she wants to go to so wants the system changed to suit her situation rather than the current perfect situation that rewards the fans who travel all around the country week in week out.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Even though I don't like to criticise these forums as at least people make the effort to go, but the tool who did the poetry spending 10mins to essentially ask "Why do we have to use mobile phones for our tickets" really took the biscuit.

No emailed questions answered, partly because this prat wasted 10 mins to ask 1 question.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even though I don't like to criticise these forums as at least people make the effort to go, but the tool who did the poetry spending 10mins to essentially ask "Why do we have to use mobile phones for our tickets" really took the biscuit.

No emailed questions answered, partly because this prat wasted 10 mins to ask 1 question.

I heard emailed questions being answered as read out by Johnny Cantor. I also enjoyed the poem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here