Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan power gets Prosser deselected!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Had a reply from the FL today after I e-mailed to protest about Prosser.

"We suggest you liaise with the club & the local police.....however, another referee has been appointed."

Yeah right, nothing to do with all the e-mails of protest then?

:clap2:

I had the same bog standard reply earlier. Reading between the lines, it apppears unsurprisingly the club weren't happy about Mr Prosser returning to Withdean either. Have the football authorities ever acted this quick before?! Must be a record....

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Replacement ref will be....

Joe Ross.

I hope you're having a laugh ! he is useless as well

Not Trevor Parks either ! - Crewe this year Luton last

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I was joking about Joe Ross.

I'm just going to check the leagues website to make sure that he's nowhere near Sussex on Saturday.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
pasty said:
Can we have the bloke that did the Leeds match please
Mr Beeby? - yep hes ok
Or the homer from Saturdays game - Joslin?
Or Ray olivier - he always sees us alright

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Ray Olivier is at Cambridge on Saturday, can we swap refs with them please FL? Just read the match appointments and noticed with growing alarm that neither Joe Ross or Trevor Parkes are working on Saturday.

Oh no.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Ray Olivier is at Cambridge on Saturday, can we swap refs with them please FL? Just read the match appointments and noticed with growing alarm that neither Joe Ross or Trevor Parkes are working on Saturday.

Oh no.

Not being funny, but it would make me chuckle if we got one of those. Sort of scum it up, get rid of one twat and replace him with a equal bellend.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:

I can't believe you really don't know, but Phil Prosser was "in charge" of the game against Sheff Utd a couple of seasons ago when he gave them every decision, incited the crowd and then went on Harty's phone in to say he'd been racially abused. I believe he also said one of the Sheff Utd players had had similar abuse. Nobody else heard it, and the Sheff Utd player and Neil Warnock are on record as saying they heard nothing either.

Basically he is a :tosser: and his presence at Withdean could be a real safety issue, as there are many in the crowd who would abuse him throughout.

The software that allocates referees should be easy to update to make sure that he never refs one of our games again, though it would be preferable if he were just struck off the list, as he collects complaints as much as he dishes out cards and diabolical decisions.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sully said:
I can't believe you really don't know...

I never knew until it was mentioned on NSC ages ago, not everyone knows everything about the goings on ya know ;)

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well this is the aftermath of Joe Ross's last game:

Bradford boss Colin Todd is furious with referee Joe Ross for sending off Dean Windass following the final whistle after the 4-0 loss at Luton.
Todd told City's website: "Once he had blown the whistle, the referee taunted my lads saying 'four-nil, four-nil'.

"Windass said something to Ross and was sent off, but the referee has to be made accountable for his actions.

"It was plainly heard by most of our team and even some of the Luton lads could not believe he had said that."

Todd continued: "This is not sour grapes as the game was well over for us by half-time.

"But somebody in his position should not be allowed to say what he did - and he even raised four fingers indicating the number of goals.

"It will be interesting to hear what the other officials will say as they were within earshot as well.

"We will be contacting the Football League about one of their officials and the Football Association in an attempt to get the red card overturned."

When he reffed Albion vs Wimbledon in 2003 he sent off Gary Hart and gave a string of bizarre decisions. He's often mentioned on various match reports for his inept displays.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Well this is the aftermath of Joe Ross's last game:

Bradford boss Colin Todd is furious with referee Joe Ross for sending off Dean Windass following the final whistle after the 4-0 loss at Luton.
Todd told City's website: "Once he had blown the whistle, the referee taunted my lads saying 'four-nil, four-nil'.

"Windass said something to Ross and was sent off, but the referee has to be made accountable for his actions.

"It was plainly heard by most of our team and even some of the Luton lads could not believe he had said that."

Todd continued: "This is not sour grapes as the game was well over for us by half-time.

"But somebody in his position should not be allowed to say what he did - and he even raised four fingers indicating the number of goals.

"It will be interesting to hear what the other officials will say as they were within earshot as well.

"We will be contacting the Football League about one of their officials and the Football Association in an attempt to get the red card overturned."

When he reffed Albion vs Wimbledon in 2003 he sent off Gary Hart and gave a string of bizarre decisions. He's often mentioned on various match reports for his inept displays.

Sounds pretty bad. Worse than Phil Tosser?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Del Boy said:
Sounds pretty bad. Worse than Phil Tosser?

No-one really comes close to Prosser. Trevor Parkes has been making steady progress and Andy D'Urso is up there with the worst of them. Taunting players does give Ross some big points though.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Apparantly he was sent off for asking Ross "are you taking the piss?"

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Storer68 said:
Prosser is "in charge" of the QPR v Millwall game tonight

I confidently predict more than 2 red cards!!!!!!!!

A game involving Wise, Muscat, Bircham & Furlong ... you could well be right!

I reckon you'll get Rob Styles on Saturday!! :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here