Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous Brighton Fans

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Totally wrong about Jamie Theakston. I saw him once at a party and he spoke to me for some time about Sussex and the Albion - much to the annoyance of people who wanted to talk luvvie with him. He seemed far happier talking about sport than making other small talk. And he was very well-informed about the Albion.
Very sad to hear the news about Jamie.

He wrote a very kind email supporting Fans United when plans were in their infancy.

Get better soon, mate.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Had a chat with Mark a few times around that era as we lived near the Lion and Lobster until 2002 and he used to drink there and the Robin Hood (and, er, everywhere else) which were my locals. If he was only slightly inebriated it was a good day - loved a shant at that time. Lovely bloke as I recall and funny in real life.
Remember seeing him a few times at Gillingham.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rag and Bone Man
Dick Strawbridge
Paul Ifill

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Annie Nightingale the R1 DJ used to go on about the Albion...when we were still good, before we became crap, then good, then crap again...think that she lived in Hove, wonder if her interest will be re-ignited now that we're f*****g brilliant!
She died

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Very sad to hear the news about Jamie.

He wrote a very kind email supporting Fans United when plans were in their infancy.

Get better soon, mate.

I'm not, in any way, wishing Jamie anything but the very best of health but I do blame the media for sensationalising what is, in fact, a stage one cancer scare, addressed, normally, by out patient day surgery, as has happened to so many. I feel this undermines the very real fight others with far more complex and advanced cancers face, I await the flaming but wanted to put this into context, and give my honest opinion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not, in any way, wishing Jamie anything but the very best of health but I do blame the media for sensationalising what is, in fact, a stage one cancer scare, addressed, normally, by out patient day surgery, as has happened to so many. I feel this undermines the very real fight others with far more complex and advanced cancers face, I await the flaming but wanted to put this into context, and give my honest opinion.
Not sure there is ever a need for a 'my cancer is worse than your cancer' competition, is there?

I had 'no cancer' after my first prostate biopsies and was happy to share the relief on here. I still don't feel I have to get into the sea about that. :shrug:

Apologies if I'm incorrectly tasting your flavour.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not in a position to watch that video with sound on, is his conclusion "because I'm a twat?"
Slightly annoying watch but his YouTube vids were not made for people of my age :lolol:
He did play for Newhaven FC though, don’t think he made the first team but was in the U21 or U23 squad when my son played.
There is a video on YouTube of Newhaven v Hashtag United and he’s in the team with my son.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here