Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer's Location

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Must admit I didn't realise just how much this has affected the growth of our club but I must say the fact that Falmer is right next to a massively used dual carriageway is absolutely huge. I am constantly getting people speak to me about it and it seems the best possible advertising to get people to Falmer... Had the stadium been built at virtually any other sight there is no way most people would have noticed it / been speaking about it like they are. I know it will be a bit hard to get to etc but I really think the location of our state of the art new stadium will drum up thousands and thousands of visitors when it opens... I thought this deserved a thread of it's own as it's a huge selling point to the clubs future and always will be.

And everyone is saying how great it looks...

The future looks bright...

:amex: :amex: :amex: :amex:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Despite all the other sensible reasons why it couldn't happen, this would have been even more the case at WATERHALL...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Despite all the other sensible reasons why it couldn't happen, this would have been even more the case at WATERHALL...

Still the BEST location as far as Im concerned. But obviously not viable so more than happy with Amex.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
mmm i'm not all that up with my major roads etc and I thought Waterhall wasn't visible from the road but guessing it is. I just think so many people drive past Falmer - a shed load more than Brighton station i'd say...

Maybe it's cos I'm from Heathfield and the people in the likes of Heathfield / Hailsham / Lewes etc are far more likely to drive on that dual carrageway (A27 I think) than they are going to using that road by Waterhall?

Plus the stadium is right next to the dual carriageway and fully visible from there and I didn't really realise this would be the case...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
mmm i'm not all that up with my major roads etc and I thought Waterhall wasn't visible from the road but guessing it is. I just think so many people drive past Falmer - a shed load more than Brighton station i'd say...

Maybe it's cos I'm from Heathfield and the people in the likes of Heathfield / Hailsham / Lewes etc are far more likely to drive on that dual carrageway (A27 I think) than they are going to using that road by Waterhall?

Plus the stadium is right next to the dual carriageway and fully visible from there and I didn't really realise this would be the case...

More than viable and I would venture the a23 up to BHill/HHeath/Crawley/Gatwick/London is alot more busier than the a27. But
of course no train station. Nearest is Hassocks or Preston Park.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Situated at Brighton Station all the day trippers would get a chance to gawp at it as their train pulls into the station. Add to this that lots of people who live in Brighton would be able to see it by looking out their windows.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Situated at Brighton Station all the day trippers would get a chance to gawp at it as their train pulls into the station. Add to this that lots of people who live in Brighton would be able to see it by looking out their windows.

Even BETTER thatll be a TWO min walk for me! :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've taken all your points on board - thanks. There are clearly advantages of all. I just no that myself / a lot of people who've seen Falmer and spoke to me about it wouldn't really go past any of the other locations hardly atall - certainly not regularly. The standard way into Brighton for people from here is along Lewes road and I think that's why it's been seen from so many further north in the county. I'm sure that other locations would have meant people in different areas of the county would have seen it more...

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
More than viable and I would venture the a23 up to BHill/HHeath/Crawley/Gatwick/London is alot more busier than the a27. But
of course no train station. Nearest is Hassocks or Preston Park.

I'm not sure how visible Waterhall is from the A23. Sure if your going along the A27 from West to East you get a clear view in. But heading North or South on the A23 doesn't give you any kind of view into Waterhall, does it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it was a good and valid point, sheebo.

Thank you mate. I'm genuinly amazed the ammount of people talking about it... that was all...:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's already a massive Rugby club in there with huge floodlight towers, but you can't see it from the road. :eek:

clubhousewebsite4.jpg

Facilities

Brighton Rugby Club is one of the most picturesque rugby venues in England. The club is situated in a superb setting on the South Downs with stunning panoramic views over Waterhall Valley. In a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and a stones throw away from the A23 and A27 junction, Brighton Rugby Club is one of the best venues in the south for business training schemes, conferences, corporate events and hospitality. The club also benefits from extensive free parking and excellent disabled facilities.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Thank you mate. I'm genuinly amazed the ammount of people talking about it... that was all...:thumbsup:

It is quite amazing i agree and its still a year away ! wait for another 6-9 months to pass and it will be the only topic of conversation !:amex:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Now if it could have been built in Edward Street...

Not ruddy likely. Have enough trouble with people who work there parking round our way, let alone having it on Saturdays too. :angry:

* I will now remove my tongue from my cheek.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton Station
Waterhall
Toad's Hole Valley

would have all been just as visible, if not more.

then were would the station go?

???

I didn't know that it was even banded about as a potential site to be honest, shed some light please?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
then were would the station go?

???

I didn't know that it was even banded about as a potential site to be honest, shed some light please?

The station car park, where the sunday market is, the one time Brighton Locomotive Works. I think it was one of the original 5 sites suggested - the main problem with it was that the land belonged to British Rail (or Network Rail or whatever) and was very valuable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here