Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer was the wrong choice.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Well I was going to reply to him but I think you've covered it much more enigmatically than I ever could.
Thread closed :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
It's like dealing with a f***ing child, it really is.

2. The club don't want to go to Pende. They want to go to Falmer. The city council has said they can go to Falmer. The government has said they can go to Falmer. They don't want to go to Pende, so they're not f***ing going to Pende.

BUT ... have we got to Falmer yet? NO. Do we have a possible date when we may get to Falmer? NO. Is there significant opposition to Falmer? YES.
THEREFORE ... it is sensible to have a debate about possible alternatives.

5. Now will you please, shut the f*** up, you brainless idiot.

That's a very constructive comment. Probably the way you usually talk to people you disagree with. The sign of a person of well below average intelligence.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
goldstone said:
That's a very constructive comment. Probably the way you usually talk to people you disagree with. The sign of a person of well below average intelligence.

I do know what you mean Goldstone but in TLG's defence Perseus has been banging on about Pende for years; both here and elsewhere. It is rather irritating.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Screaming J said:
I do know what you mean Goldstone but in TLG's defence Perseus has been banging on about Pende for years; both here and elsewhere. It is rather irritating.

I like your Crazy avatar .... but can you tell stork from butter ?

Arthur Coloured (you are not allowed to say Brown anymore, its racist).

Anyone coming down from Mars will see that Falmer is a poor quality field on the outskirts of Brighton. I do not want demean wild fields on the outskirts of town, but the particular one at Falmer has been ploughed up by farmers and spoiled for just about anything. All subsidised.

Its a f***ing sick joke.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I share Goldstone's sentiments. Just get the stadium built, like Arsenal. But it is going to be in the Regeneration Zone coastal bit. Cause their is dosh involved and they are too well off in Hassocks.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
goldstone said:
1. You clearly know nothing of the drivel that Perseus has posted on here over the past three years, undermining the Albion's case, possibly with the effect of him personally being responsible for costing the club £60,000.

2. Judging by your first post on this thread, it's evident you don't know what you're talking about on this matter. If you did, you would know that what you have written is aboslute drivel. That's not got anything to do with the way I deal with people I disagree with. It's the way I deal with people who deliberately go out of their way to write spiteful, vindictive, ignorant rubbish determined to undermine things I passionately care about. As was said earlier, I agree with your right to have an opinion, but I have the right to rubbish that opinion, especially when it based on fantasy.

The government has agreed to Falmer. Lewes are challenging it based on half truths, irrelevancies and lies, with no basis in law. So what on earth will going ALL the way back to the beginning and starting again hope to achieve by 'discussing alternatives'? And you believe I am of below average intelligence? Bloody hell.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
goldstone said:
BUT ... have we got to Falmer yet? NO. Do we have a possible date when we may get to Falmer? NO. Is there significant opposition to Falmer? YES.
THEREFORE ... it is sensible to have a debate about possible alternatives.
Questions 1 and 2 there have no relevance to question 4, so the short answer is NO, of course it's not sensible. Or rather, it's utterly pointless. And the comparison of opposition to Falmer is very small compared to the support for it.

Of course if you think you know better than the planning inspector who said there were no alternative sites, let us know how you come to this conclusion and we can have a debate. But if you want us to debate the points in your first post, you're better off going to Lewes District Council, you may have a more attentive ear for them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here