Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer was the wrong choice.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
With all this hassle it appears pretty obvious that the club made the wrong decision with Falmer.

And no, I'm not playing into the hands of Lewes DC.

But let's face the facts, would any other location have created this much trouble and this long a delay which is now affecting the very future of the club?

Me, I'd rather just have a stadium. I don't care a damn where it is located.
Sheepcote Valley ... fine. So what if the public transportation is poor. Build it and they will come!
Shoreham Harbour ... fine. Yes, I know the road links are poor, but at least there's a railway.
Toads Hole and Waterhall ... both just fine in my opinion, but I know there'd be planning problems (road access in the case of the former and "wrong side of the bypass" in the case of the latter.

Look, just get us a stadium, OK?
I don't care where it is.
I don't care what it looks like.
Just 20,000 - 25,000 seats (actually I'd personally like some terracing!) and ideally the possibility for expansion (for when we're in the Premiership) ... oh, and a football pitch!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
oooh . . .your going to be popular :eek:

I agree with you though, always have thought Falmer was the wrong choice, but we have little choice but to support it now, at least until it all goes totally tits up :nono:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Threads like this are JUST what Lewes DC want to read. I'm normally more eloquent than this, but in simple terms: you're wrong. Go away please.

I concur.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Threads like this are JUST what Lewes DC want to read. I'm normally more eloquent than this, but in simple terms: you're wrong. Go away please.

Sorry, free world, I'll say what I like ....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I really don't think anyone with any clout is going to take a blind biit of notice to a unofficial message board . . . .do you ?

by that I mean that I consider NSC to be plancton in the grand scheme of things and LDC are just weaver fish in the National planning ocean

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
goldstone said:
Sorry, free world, I'll say what I like ....

Tis true but it's not what 99.99999% of people on hear want to hear.............so please keep quiet!:censored:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is about a stadium to be proud of. We are entitled to build one and a better looking stadium with better facilities will draw in more money.

It is the best site in Brighton & Hove for the stadium and we will get it. Maybe Sheepcote valley is an alternative should Falmer be rejected, but Toad Hole and Waterhall are certainly not, neither is Shoreham Harbour.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I presume, goldstone, that you missed the planning inquiry that concluded that there is no likelihood of planning permission at any other site. In particular, the ones you name.

Now please get back to supporting our only chance. :nono:

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its the best 'viable' option we have

other options I believe are viable, but not for BHAFC as they could never afford it

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
F***ing bol***ks. Falmer is the only place. Why can't people understand that? Get behind the idea or f off.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Falmer is the RIGHT choice.

It's the nutters who think the South Downs should never be built over who are wrong !

If you want to clean up the South Downs, then Falmer Village and Lewes should be bulldozed and the land returned to Natural Beauty.

Falmer Village is an ugly, monstrous, man-made eyesore. The Stadium is an essential means of improving the eyesore that the people who live at Falmer have created.

Falmer is the right choice, and if I had my way, everyone living in Falmer Village should be taken to the County Boundary and told to F*** O** and never come back to Sussex EVER again.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
BarrelofFun said:
It is about a stadium to be proud of. We are entitled to build one and a better looking stadium with better facilities will draw in more money.

It is the best site in Brighton & Hove for the stadium and we will get it. Maybe Sheepcote valley is an alternative should Falmer be rejected, but Toad Hole and Waterhall are certainly not, neither is Shoreham Harbour.

Spot on BarrelofFun, Falmer IS the best site and it has been repeated countless times on here and backed by millions of pounds of the club's and "others" money:bowdown:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
sully said:
I presume, goldstone, that you missed the planning inquiry that concluded that there is no likelihood of planning permission at any other site. In particular, the ones you name.

Now please get back to supporting our only chance. :nono:

Glad you said that, well done :clap: :clap:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
From the link above:
A planning application for a stadium on this site will fail because it cannot meet Government Planning Policy Guidelines

If, for argument's sake, Falmer falls through then can this Government Planning Policy be changed for the other sites, such as Sheepcote say?

Argh, bloody LDC :censored:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Everest said:
F***ing bol***ks. Falmer is the only place. Why can't people understand that? Get behind the idea or f off.

That is another way of putting it:thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
how far out have we scanned for a site , i would actually not mind going within a 15mile radius of Bton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here