Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: The decision's been made...now we just need to be told.

Good. Seeing as I am not an estate agent...

Just as well.

I think you'll find that whenever a stadium has been built-house prices in the whole area increase and Falmer is not a special case. Their property prices are not different to the rest of the country, regardless of what the residents of that shit hole think.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
you can make a story read how you like ....yobos ( who happen to support charlton) cause aggro ...they are just drunken yobos - the football angle is just anti football spin

I saw those boys outside the Cutter at 3.00pm on that Saturday. They were slaughtered then and baiting people - they did not try to goad me as I had a very large Boxer dog with me, but some people were getting verbals from them

I think Richie wrote the article linking the drunk Londerers to charltons 'firm' in the week before lasts hastings Observer . Sells more papers, but you are right, they were probably drunks who support Charlton rather than a football firm out to rampage in hastings. God knowsthere are 3 or 4 coaches that go up to the Valley for their home games, probably more charlton in Hastings than Brighton.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Is it a case of Falmer residences seeing it as Middle and Upper class students, lower class football fans?

Or truthfuly 20,000 football fans ever other Saturday (of which only 2,000 will have had a few beers) compared to 2,000 students 40 weeks a year pissed most nights throwing up in the pond.

Middle-class people who wave flags in support of Tim Henman at Wimbledon are called patriots. Working-class people who wave flags in support of the England football team are called nationalists.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Richie wrote the article linking the drunk Londerers to charltons 'firm' in the week before lasts hastings Observer . Sells more papers, but you are right, they were probably drunks who support Charlton rather than a football firm out to rampage in hastings.

Story was based on what Hastings Police told me.

Middle-class people who wave flags in support of Tim Henman at Wimbledon are called patriots. Working-class people who wave flags in support of the England football team are called nationalists.
Both are being over-optimistic.

As supporters of the Falmer stadium, we just KNOW we have backed a winner.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Story was based on what Hastings Police told me.

never trust a copper in a crime bar!

Seriously they were a nasty looking bunch, looked like trouble at 3.00pm. The babylon should of herded them out of town at 3.00pm

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Not many Henman fans smash pubs up because they are not mature enough to take a defeat.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Not many Henman fans smash pubs up because they are not mature enough to take a defeat.

True, but it is working-class lads that get used as cannon fodder by the Colonel Blimp types of Falmer at places like the Somme. Our working-class aggressive nationalism comes in handy when the Establishment wants a war to be fought to protect its vested interests.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
True, but it is working-class lads that get used as cannon fodder by the Colonel Blimp types of Falmer at places like the Somme. Our working-class aggressive nationalism comes in handy when the Establishment wants a war to be fought to protect its vested interests.

This is true, I guess its a small number of people that gives the rest a bad name.

Its just a shame that everytime England go out a large amount of pikeys decide its fun to smash up the locals and this is then in the papers the next day.

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!
Another excellent Falmer story on Sussex Express website.

The Seagull has landed - NOT
This is the latest Seagull Scene on the Sussex Express website (that nice lewes area paper.

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport?articleid=3015261

all good clean, biased fun.

The article certainly got up Veracity from Heathfield's nose. He/she resorts in "Comments" to rubbishing Labour and the Albion team!! Must be a positive pointer to Ms Blears decision!?

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!

The Seagull has landed - NOT
This is the latest Seagull Scene on the Sussex Express website (that nice lewes area paper.

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport?articleid=3015261

all good clean, biased fun.

I don;t believe it!? The sex change of the Long Man of Wilmington is a more popular article than the "Seagull Scene" - The Seagull has landed - NOT . That's Lewes folk for you!

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!

Not only is the Long Man's sex change a more popular story in the Sussex Express, the stolen underwear article is too.
I blame the Lewes MP.

You can see the next Sun headline :-

"MP WEARS FRILLIES IN COMMONS" *
"Lewes MP, Norman Baker, has been found out to be wearing stolen
underwear from around his Sussex constituency, in the Houses of
Parliament.
Norman Baker was last night not available for comment." * :laugh:

[* not true]

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!

I understand they may use the reactions online in the paper so we need as many people as possible to leave PRO comments...

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport?articleid=2968387

The latest Sussex Express article on Falmer and Seagulls Scene headed "FALMER - The Decision has to be YES because ... "is at

http://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport?articeid=3034363

Worth a look. Still all good, clean, biased fun.

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here