Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Station

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone know how things work at reading? After all, they don't even have a station. I walked from the town centre myself, but it must be a similar distance out to Falmer?

There are huge car parks in the old HP offices and up the road next to it, which is used when London Irish and also Reading play. It is on the main road leading to the M4.

Never used public transport in reading.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course Southern might think the hassle of catering for 1000's of football fans is not worth the expense or the disruption to their normal service with the knock on delay factor and decide not to serve Falmer on matchdays.
They did this before with Party in the Park and didn't serve Preston Park or London Road stations and no longer cater for the Lewes Bonfire Night celebrations.
As it stands it will cost a lot of expense and manpower to make Falmer fit safety wise for the football traffic and unless someone else is paying they might decide not to bother.

I suspect that this is one of the reasons why the stadium is costing c.£65m, but the whole project is costing c. £93m.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There are huge car parks in the old HP offices and up the road next to it, which is used when London Irish and also Reading play. It is on the main road leading to the M4.

Never used public transport in reading.

Not done it for football, but for London Irish its dead simple - shuttle buses running (about £2 return) from the station to the ground and back again afterwards. Fair old queue after but no distaster. You can leave it quite late as well - think I've stayed in the pub next to the station till 30 mins before kick off and made it in the past.

Is probably a much more straightforward drive than Brighton Stn to Falmer would be though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here