Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Progress

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With the days becoming shorter, arrival of winter weather etc. does anyone have any idea how progress is going at the moment?

Are they on target?

Is there any links to progress reports etc.?

(I don't have access to the Argus at the moment, as out of Sussex area. I know on Mondays on page two they used to show the latest photograph as well as a short summing up as to what had been achieved that week and how things were progressing).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I heard they are 132 days behind schedule as the foundations are subsiding, they will start removing the east arch on Monday to put things right

Oh no what have you done!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Completely on time, road works slightly delayed but were planned to be finished well before the stadium opening in any case.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Still think Waterhall was a better location

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The impending removal of the east arch has nothing to do with subsidence as such.

They're having to take it down so they can reinforce the foundations beneath the East stand and revise the structure design, as its now having to accomodate those 400 extra 1901 members. The 1901 seats are twice the size of normal STH's seats, with additional padding and a built-in monitor, so a re-jig of the stand structure is now necessary, along with the foundation reinforcements.

It'll mean a reduction in overall capacity of course, but the club will more than make up the lost revenue through the additional 1901 memberships. An announcement is due next week I believe, the jist of which wll cover the above, but we could apparently be looking at Christmas 2011 before the stadium officially opens now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The impending removal of the east arch has nothing to do with subsidence as such.

I must admit it was 32nd hand news by the time it reached my ears so I can entirely understand if I didn't get it totally right.

Apparantly some bloke called Scattercushion or something or other was talking about it in the pub last Monday evening

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

They're having to take it down so they can reinforce the foundations beneath the East stand and revise the structure design, as its now having to accomodate those 400 extra 1901 members. The 1901 seats are twice the size of normal STH's seats, with additional padding and a built-in monitor, so a re-jig of the stand structure is now necessary, along with the foundation reinforcements.

It'll mean a reduction in overall capacity of course, but the club will more than make up the lost revenue through the additional 1901 memberships. An announcement is due next week I believe, the jist of which wll cover the above, but we could apparently be looking at Christmas 2011 before the stadium officially opens now.

I hope there's a cup holder in the 1901 seats, or else I want my money back. :p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must admit it was 32nd hand news by the time it reached my ears so I can entirely understand if I didn't get it totally right

Well you were half-right to be fair - they're just pre-empting any chances of subsidence from the redesign. Very sensible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The days are getting shorter? Winter? MARTIN PERRY OUT

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Bloody hell, I'm gutted lol.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
In addition to the extra 1901 seats the remaining seats are having to be turned so they face away from the pitch as the commoners have not paid sufficient monies to be able to watch, but enough to sample the noise effects of the 1901 club eating their prawn sarnies.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope there's a cup holder in the 1901 seats, or else I want my money back. :p

According to wiki , Gus has held these cups :-
FA Cup: 2000
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1998
European Super Cup: 1998
Copa América: 1995
EUFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1995

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports