Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer = premiership

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
He has spent f*** all he has given a loan.When are all these world stars going to turn up then.

er no. You dont lend £90 Million, with no security, to a business losing money and that has no assets, well unless maybe you have the business sense of Mark Goldberg :laugh: - he paid for the ground and took owership of the rest of the shares from what i understand but no doubt Lord B can confirm.

Essan128

Aug 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand.
You are living in the 70s and 80s when you talk anbout Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool were big from the late 60s to the 90s, but now, if you go to africa, the carribean or all over the world you are more likely to see a chelsea shirt than a liverpool one. Amazing how things change, I remember chelsea getting 8-12000 cowds

No sorry, if your talking about fan bases, then in Thailand Man U are tops with Liverpool a close second on the bases they were successful in the 70's and 80’s therefore are still supported by the older generation.

You do see some Chelsea shirts around now, but when you have a conversation here with a Thai, young or old, it is always about Man U or Liverpool.

I think you’ll find this is generally the case around Asia.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
er no. You dont lend £90 Million, with no security, to a business losing money and that has no assets, well unless maybe you have the business sense of Mark Goldberg :laugh: - he paid for the ground and took owership of the rest of the shares from what i understand but no doubt Lord B can confirm.
Well he has.What assets ,a completely overpriced piece of real estate and abunch of journeymen watched by 5000 fans.:laugh:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
there are reasons and reasons for putting money into football. Neither you or i know why he had spent over £90 Million in the albion, but I have a feeling its not for lower league football.

do you not think he might want his 90 million back one day?

i do tend to agree with you that once the new stadium is built fan numbers will rise,and with such a large catchment area the fanbase should rise to but if the money does run out it can all go pop very fast the ground will still have to be paid for as well as the day to day costs.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
do you not think he might want his 90 million back one day?

i do tend to agree with you that once the new stadium is built fan numbers will rise,and with such a large catchment area the fanbase should rise to but if the money does run out it can all go pop very fast the ground will still have to be paid for as well as the day to day costs.

I would ant £90 Million back, but Im not him and I dont know his motives any more than you do. But the only way to get it back is to be successful that is for sure

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well he has.What assets ,a completely overpriced piece of real estate and abunch of journeymen watched by 5000 fans.:laugh:

well at least he does have some assets...

the funding from Bloom to build the stadium is indeed a loan, i believe this is mostly because its more tax efficient this way and its pretty normal for directors to put money into a business this way. find out how much cash Jordon has put into Palarse and see how much is actually as loans rather than pure cash.

as for the repayment, they are convertable loans, so will change to shares at a determine future date. 15 years away or was it more, point is Bloom has sunk alot of money that he has no intention of calling back for the coming decade or more, by which time we will hopfully be competing regularly in the premiership and have regular 20k home crowds to pay the bills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here