Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer = premiership

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good stuff Spanish Seagulls but how many Pompey fans would hand back that FA Cup in return for current stability do you reckon?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Good stuff Spanish Seagulls but how many Pompey fans would hand back that FA Cup in return for current stability do you reckon?

Not a lot but then thats all they've got to show for the countless tens of millions they've spent. They can keep it cos it's ultimately the cost of that cup is going to put out them out of business. Not sure if that makes me happy, yes it does.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
There are basically three types of clubs in the Prem - Ones with enormous fan bases (Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham) then you get your medium fan bases Liverpools and Evertons and Man City and then the rest that have small fan bases.

The big ones can risk going in to debt like Man u knowing that if it all goes wrong they only have to wait a few years and either someone will come along and buy them on the basis that they will sell loads of shirts worldwide. Get some one like Fergie and they can make loads and get sucess easy. The middle teams need to be careful with money or have a good manager that can win sucess by building a good team. They always run the risk of going backwards though because they will always struggle to be able to buy brilliant players as the money will not always flow.

The lower clubs will always struggle, you need worldwide sales and gates over 40k to really compete and you need luck, a good manager and to stay in the Prem for 5 years to get Tv money to give you a chance.

Watch how Gold and sullivan do with Wet Sham Olympics and if they can do it we might have a chance.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Lets be real, a 22,000 stadium will not fund a Premiership side, however it should be okay for Championship football, if we could get into the top half of the Championship we could well average 14,000.

Do you think Mr Bloom is going to settle for a mediocre Championship side after investing £100M?

Would you?
Don't answer that, you might well say something more stupid than you already have.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
There are basically three types of clubs in the Prem - Ones with enormous fan bases (Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham) then you get your medium fan bases Liverpools and Evertons and Man City and then the rest that have small fan bases.

As soon as you put spur's and chelsea's fan bases above liverpool's you lost any
chance of your post being taken seriously.:wozza:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think you're all putting too much emphasis on gate receipts. They mean sod all in the prem these days, it's all about TV money.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

As soon as you put spur's and chelsea's fan bases above liverpool's you lost any

Liverpool might have a lot of fans in the Uk but they don't spend money like Utd Chelsea and arse.

Look at the tat in Clintons, Go to Tescos and see the Arsenal birthday cakes.

You don't get Liverpool cakes - they have not been very prolific in the past 20 years

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think you're all putting too much emphasis on gate receipts. They mean sod all in the prem these days, it's all about TV money.

Exactly my point - its about worlwide TV receipts not amount of fans in UK stadia - mind you getting 40k in each time helps a little

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure I'd actually like to replicate what Hull or others have done, it's not sustainable.

i think it is. one key is to accept to be a yo-yo club and not expect to stay up. the spend comes then, paying preimership wages to players on the basis of being in the top flight without the get clauses. get players in on more modest wages who might want a crack at the premiership, rather than shell out for a so called star player who is obviously not up to it otherwise they'd be at a more stable top flight team.

as for all the stuff about the disparity in the premier league, i personally think a bigger problem is the agents, they are a cancer in the game. i read that Hull owe £3.5m in fees to agents, wtf for? if a player feels they need an agent to read/understand their contract (lets face it many do), use the PFA. agents have a vested interest in moving players around and inflating wages, often against the interests of the player they represent. even if you have wage cap, say based on club income (only realisticly fair way of doing it) there will still be a difference between the traditionally big clubs and the others - there always was before the premiership - so lets address the agents frst and see if that sorts out alot of problems before trying something thats going to face significant legal obstructions.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Hi All,
I know I am the eternal optomist but once falmer is built I am so confident we can do a Hull, Burnley, Reading. We have a FANTASTIC fan base.
Happy days are coming - - - - - - -SEAGULLS

its a nice dream which most clubs are chasing but money will be needed and a new ground will use up all the funds,

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

You are living in the 70s and 80s when you talk anbout Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool were big from the late 60s to the 90s, but now, if you go to africa, the carribean or all over the world you are more likely to see a chelsea shirt than a liverpool one. Amazing how things change, I remember chelsea getting 8-12000 cowds

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
You are living in the 70s and 80s when you talk anbout Liverpool and Chelsea. Liverpool were big from the late 60s to the 90s, but now, if you go to africa, the carribean or all over the world you are more likely to see a chelsea shirt than a liverpool one. Amazing how things change, I remember chelsea getting 8-12000 cowds

Of course he lives in the past he is a Palarse fan

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

How the f*** would you know, you never leave Sussex.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
its a nice dream which most clubs are chasing but money will be needed and a new ground will use up all the funds,

No it wont, I can tell you that we have more exciting projects in the pipeline which also cost substantial amounts of money but are essential for the future of the club. You don't think our chairman who runs countless businesses would be short sighted so as spend all of his money in one go on what is a long term project?

With Bloom, we have every opportunity to run as a sustainable and successful football club.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
you seem to think you know how much money Mr Bloom has, how come?

what ever he has will run out one day the simple facts are Deloitte put the salary\turnover ration at 62% in the Premier League and 87% in the Championship for the 2007\2008 season
does he realy want to lose everthing?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
what ever he has will run out one day the simple facts are Deloitte put the salary\turnover ration at 62% in the Premier League and 87% in the Championship for the 2007\2008 season
does he realy want to lose everthing?

there are reasons and reasons for putting money into football. Neither you or i know why he had spent over £90 Million in the albion, but I have a feeling its not for lower league football.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
there are reasons and reasons for putting money into football. Neither you or i know why he had spent over £90 Million in the albion, but I have a feeling its not for lower league football.
He has spent f*** all he has given a loan.When are all these world stars going to turn up then.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Obviously not against you as you would have taken that many:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here