Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer = premiership

gezza01

Feb 18, 2004
new milton hants
Hi All,
I know I am the eternal optomist but once falmer is built I am so confident we can do a Hull, Burnley, Reading. We have a FANTASTIC fan base.
Happy days are coming - - - - - - -SEAGULLS

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
There is every chance we will get premier in the next 5 years. Brand new ground to move in to, chairman with money who loves the club as much as the fans and a great manager!

I would much rather be in Brightons position than shitty palaces. Think even most of your own fans would secretly agree aswell Lil AL

Brighton are on the way back up after over a decade of putting up with all sorts of shit, Palace on the other hand.....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hi All,
I know I am the eternal optomist but once falmer is built I am so confident we can do a Hull, Burnley, Reading. We have a FANTASTIC fan base.
I agree obviously but surely falmer is to small in the long term?

still anything is better than withdean:lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Al, Bloom is an astute businessman after all. No point spunking money in january where there's no reasonable chance well get promotion this season. And besides I've heard rumours that he will be funding some extras at our stadium for us in the near future.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Falmer will sort that out... Have been to Withdean a few times this season and to be honest it just isn't fun! Call it what you like, but most fans I speak with just aren't prepared to pay £25+ to sit and watch a game with less atmosphere than snooker.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Hi All,
Oxford is more likely:angel:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hull would appear to be up shit creek financially.

We might be lucky and flirt with the top flight, but we will need some serious investment if we are ever to get there. I can't imagine that we will ever have the funds necessary to stay there. A wage bill of £20m + is just not doable, surely?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Lets be real, a 22,000 stadium will not fund a Premiership side, however it should be okay for Championship football, if we could get into the top half of the Championship we could well average 14,000.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi All,

We can have as fantastic fan base as we like, but we need to build a team worthy of the stadium and the fanbase. Sharpish. Obviously. There's a HUGE gulf in class between us and the likes of Leeds.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Lets be real, a 22,000 stadium will not fund a Premiership side, however it should be okay for Championship football, if we could get into the top half of the Championship we could well average 14,000.

i hope your wrong my friend, or we just as well give up now. new stadium, the promise of at least those on here that havent been since the goldstone days,if we cant match what hull have achieved we are destined to be a league one club. that is unthinkable in my book.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hi All,

It's amazing what two cans of Top Deck can do to one's common senses.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Not sure I'd actually like to replicate what Hull or others have done, it's not sustainable. Yes they got there but what price is going to be paid for the what will be a temporary flirtation with the premiership. The whole financial world of the Premiership is like a house of cards which looks a little more than shakey for many of those teams like Hull, Portsmouth & even Man U who are being bled dry by their American Amish looking freaks.

The FA will have to step in & start imposing wage ceilings of some sort & before I get shot for saying it the answer for those players who are actually worth more will be in the form of their image rights, additional personal appearances etc. Who on this planet thinks footballers on 80k per week at Portsmouth is financially sustainable, hell they're not the only idiots paying stupid money for less than influential players.

Brighton will only survive in the premiership more than 2 seasons along with many other clubs when the FA & FIFA start dealing with players wages because they've totally lost touch with reality & their fan base. A club should not be able to have a wage bill of more than say 60% of it's turnover, only league 2 teams have any form of retriction such as this I believe but I don't know how Notts County have managed with this.

The whole financial structure of the game needs to be looked at for us & others to stand much of a chance of success & the playing field needs to be levelled. I was glad to see Arsenal go top this week because they are run a lot more responsibly than any of the teams who are just buying their way to success. I'd love to see a few of the premierships big spenders go broke because then they will have to deal with it & thus make the game a lot fairer.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's amazing what two cans of Top Deck can do to one's common senses.

Top Deck - what a blast from the past! But the chap does talk a lot of sense - as I said on another thread - the population of Btn & Hove alone is three times that of Burnley so if people think we can't more than match them for potential we may as well give up now. And there is also validity in the argument that Falmer at 22k is going to struggle to support a Premiership team as mentioned above - you've got to pay the wages to attract the players who will keep you in the Premiership and 22k through the gate max is not going to fund too many 50k a week wage packets.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not sure I'd actually like to replicate what Hull or others have done, it's not sustainable. Yes they got there but what price is going to be paid for the what will be a temporary flirtation with the premiership. The whole financial world of the Premiership is like a house of cards which looks a little more than shakey for many of those teams like Hull, Portsmouth & even Man U who are being bled dry by their American Amish looking freaks.

The FA will have to step in & start imposing wage ceilings of some sort & before I get shot for saying it the answer for those players who are actually worth more will be in the form of their image rights, additional personal appearances etc. Who on this planet thinks footballers on 80k per week at Portsmouth is financially sustainable, hell they're not the only idiots paying stupid money for less than influential players.

Brighton will only survive in the premiership more than 2 seasons along with many other clubs when the FA & FIFA start dealing with players wages because they've totally lost touch with reality & their fan base. A club should not be able to have a wage bill of more than say 60% of it's turnover, only league 2 teams have any form of retriction such as this I believe but I don't know how Notts County have managed with this.

The whole financial structure of the game needs to be looked at for us & others to stand much of a chance of success & the playing field needs to be levelled. I was glad to see Arsenal go top this week because they are run a lot more responsibly than any of the teams who are just buying their way to success. I'd love to see a few of the premierships big spenders go broke because then they will have to deal with it & thus make the game a lot fairer.

Well said sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here